Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This will get you talking

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Well I saw loads of Palace fans after Saturdays game at HH station, and they all seemed to be taking an interest in me with my Brighton gear on.

There will ALWAYS be the rivalry there, i'm sure.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The problem is with palace is that no one else wants them as rivals because they're such a joke.

Charlton don't want anyone as rivals because they're such a nice fluffy club, Millwall are traditional rivals with West Ham, West Ham are beginning to see Tottenham as more of a rival than "laugh a minute" Millwall and Tottenham have got Arsenal.

Orient are looking for a rival....have palace thought about them ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suppose to a degree we dont really have a rival these days.

palace has historically been so, and the kids who sing about it at Withdean have only seen us play them 4 times in the last God knows how many years.

My first game I saw in 1975 was against palace and I was not really sure palace was regarded as a rival then.

The problem is geographically, we have no real local derbies, I suppose crawley will be such if they ever got promoted to the football league but I find it very difficult to give any credence these days to a Palace rivalry.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i agree to an extent, until we get Falmer and get back as an established Championship side the rivalry will feel like its fading away.

But im sure it will get back to what it was when we do get there, which shouldnt be too long now.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Just another team actually. Good atmosphere, great to beat them - but just another team. It's hardly Celtic Rangers is it?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is just a rehash of some garbage that was printed in one of their fanzines in the early nineties, 0/10 for originallity.

They certainly seemed to care when we beat the 1-0 a couple of years ago.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Give it 5 years before we're asking ourselves the same question:)

Jan 30, 2008
Well I saw loads of Palace fans after Saturdays game at HH station, and they all seemed to be taking an interest in me with my Brighton gear on.

There will ALWAYS be the rivalry there, i'm sure.
thats a worry when you say loads,and when you say brighton gear i get a really bad picture of you:nono:

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Give it 5 years before we're asking ourselves the same question:)

Exactly. Tinpot Palace, there seemed to be plenty of empty Selhurst seats for their game with Southampton. I would hope we'd be selling out games at Falmer for a Premiership promotion push fixture.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The problem is with palace is that no one else wants them as rivals because they're such a joke.

Charlton don't want anyone as rivals because they're such a nice fluffy club, Millwall are traditional rivals with West Ham, West Ham are beginning to see Tottenham as more of a rival than "laugh a minute" Millwall and Tottenham have got Arsenal.

Orient are looking for a rival....have palace thought about them ?
Why do you see Palace as a joke? And what history is there between Palace and West Ham to lead you to knock us? or are you just saying that to gain Brownie points on here?

West Ham are a small club in East London with a fans that can't speak proper English innit me ald mucker, you Dan thee rub a dub dub tonight to watch the England game and av a foo sherbits.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here