Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This weeks Roar

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why does it take so long for the shows to get uploaded? Not having a go, like.

they ddi talk about server issues...i dont know if thats relevant

OK, we recently took on the running of the AR in its entirety; previously it was hosted by a friend of a friend of the original operator of the Albion Roar. It was uploaded to a closed site, with a restricted bandwidth, and we relied on the generosity and goodwill of the previous incumbent to manage and update the podcast and the website on a week to week basis. Since we took it on we were close to and did actually exceed our bandwidth, partly due to the number of shows on there, and a little bit of our own lack of experience. We needed to change the server where the podcasts are hosted, and also learn how to edit and upload the audio files accordingly, publish podcasts, update the Albion Roar website, and manage issues like bandwidth. In addition, we’ve had to pay for the relevant subscriptions/storage/hosting & domain name. We’re 90% there now and will be changing the website completely too at some stage, to make it easier for you all to “listen again” to old shows, and maybe even comment and contribute.

As for the time it takes to upload the shows, bear in mind the show is more often than not live at midday on a Saturday. After the show, the presenters go to the Amex for the match, I’m not sure just how quickly we could get it uploaded after broadcast, but I will try to find out. We have to vacate the studio straight after the show so find ourselves in Brighton, with the show on a memory stick and a game (or the pub) to get to, which is why making it immediately available is going to be tricky.

What would people prefer, the show available to download immediately, or is 24 hours an acceptable time to wait?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
OK, we recently took on the running of the AR in its entirety; previously it was hosted by a friend of a friend of the original operator of the Albion Roar. It was uploaded to a closed site, with a restricted bandwidth, and we relied on the generosity and goodwill of the previous incumbent to manage and update the podcast and the website on a week to week basis. Since we took it on we were close to and did actually exceed our bandwidth, partly due to the number of shows on there, and a little bit of our own lack of experience. We needed to change the server where the podcasts are hosted, and also learn how to edit and upload the audio files accordingly, publish podcasts, update the Albion Roar website, and manage issues like bandwidth. In addition, we’ve had to pay for the relevant subscriptions/storage/hosting & domain name. We’re 90% there now and will be changing the website completely too at some stage, to make it easier for you all to “listen again” to old shows, and maybe even comment and contribute.

As for the time it takes to upload the shows, bear in mind the show is more often than not live at midday on a Saturday. After the show, the presenters go to the Amex for the match, I’m not sure just how quickly we could get it uploaded after broadcast, but I will try to find out. We have to vacate the studio straight after the show so find ourselves in Brighton, with the show on a memory stick and a game (or the pub) to get to, which is why making it immediately available is going to be tricky.

What would people prefer, the show available to download immediately, or is 24 hours an acceptable time to wait?

24 hrs is good enough for me.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Lazy sods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here