Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This week or in the near future.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It was not that site it is my opinion based on reading the tweets etc from VVD thread of how Gus was in Holland yesterday. A manager doesn't make that sort of visit unless it is very much in the forefront of his mind and at an advanced stage in negotiations . the scouting and recommendation come from his scouts and possibly Charlie would fly out to watch him but for him to fly out himself something is in the offing.

yeah i dont think its the VVD part of your post thats necessarily in doubt. But time will tell......i hope you are right about them all with possible exception of Dobbie.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Midfield from: Orlandi, Lopez, Bridcutt, Hammond, Barnes, Crofts, Buckley, Vicente, LuaLua.

Ulloa up front.

That is what will be happening. Attacking intent will be playing 3 attacking players in that 5 man midfield with more license to go forward. I cannot see us suddenly playing 2 up front. Gus showed what he will be doing against Arsenal, and considering it was Ulloa's debut, his impact was massive in my opinion - he can play with people backing up from midfield unlike our other strikers. At the moment, Barnes has come into a rich vein of form, and I can see that only being helped from Ulloa being in the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
yeah i dont think its the VVD part of your post thats necessarily in doubt. But time will tell......i hope you are right about them all with possible exception of Dobbie.

There has been a lot of speculation about CMS to Leeds and also Gus being reported in The Argus about Dobbie so where is the problem.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Midfield from: Orlandi, Lopez, Bridcutt, Hammond, Barnes, Crofts, Buckley, Vicente, LuaLua.

Ulloa up front.

That is what will be happening. Attacking intent will be playing 3 attacking players in that 5 man midfield with more license to go forward. I cannot see us suddenly playing 2 up front. Gus showed what he will be doing against Arsenal, and considering it was Ulloa's debut, his impact was massive in my opinion - he can play with people backing up from midfield unlike our other strikers. At the moment, Barnes has come into a rich vein of form, and I can see that only being helped from Ulloa being in the team.

I think you're on the money here. Ulloa looked very, very promising and showed us (like Barnes did when he played up front recently) what we miss without a striker who can hold up the ball to bring others into play. To me Barnes is a player who reacts best when under pressure to perform, at the moment, I don't necessarily see that from CMS...

In fairness to CMS though, when he's been good, he's been very good for us and his return for this season is nothing to be ashamed of.

Regarding the initial rumours:

- VvD Coming in - Excited by the prospect of this, but rate it at about 60%
- CMS to Leeds - Sad to see him go if he does leave but for £3m its too good to turn down... 75% likehood rating
- Dobbie up front with Ulloa - To be honest I'm in two minds... If Dobbie gets his head down and really shows his worth then he's definately going to get a go, if not he won't. So I'd rate that at 50%
- Bennett back? - I don't see it happening. Too many midfielders as it is and our need is for someone with strength and power. 20% for me unless Buckley goes in which case, 90%.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
call me a cynic but this is whats on THAT site:

27 Jan 2013 20:59:31
Fc Groningen have accepted a 2nd bid from Brighton for Van Dijk, thought to be in the region of £2.75m, personal terms to be ironed out tomorrow. CMS heading out of The Amex and destination is thought to be Leeds but a surprise loanee for the rest of the season is heading back to the south coast club after passing a medical this evening. To be announced at press conference tomorrow.

I think those are the lines he is reading between.

So the surprise loanee is Zamora then? Must have recovered from injury 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule ! :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I work with a Leeds fan and he is adamant they are signing CMS today, for £3m. Fingers crossed

Don't be silly DFP, that poster the other week guaranteed he was signing for Norwich that day...

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
I think the following will happen:

CMS to Leeds and the money spent on VVD or Gorkas.
Dobbie to play up front with Ulloa.
Elliott Bennett to come back either on loan or permanent

I have no source just a hunch of what I think will happen just reading between the lines of various sites quotes and interviews etc..

:thumbsup: I like your way of thinking

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
call me a cynic but this is whats on THAT site:

27 Jan 2013 20:59:31
Fc Groningen have accepted a 2nd bid from Brighton for Van Dijk, thought to be in the region of £2.75m, personal terms to be ironed out tomorrow. CMS heading out of The Amex and destination is thought to be Leeds but a surprise loanee for the rest of the season is heading back to the south coast club after passing a medical this evening. To be announced at press conference tomorrow.

I think those are the lines he is reading between.

Well spotted! Same old rubbish.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
We MUST give CMS a few matches with Leo. If it doesn't work, then so be it... CMS orft to pastures new. How can Dobbie come into the equation unless there are injuries? Gus does not give him the merest of chances.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Leeds rumoured to be signing ex-Albion triallist Habib Habibou today.

Palace rumoured to be signing Ebanks-Blake from Wolves?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I don't think there's any truth in the return loan story, but Zamora was on the bench on Saturday.

He was and came on towards the end. QPR wont let him go though, maybe if/when we switch places next season - he may well come back.

RE CMS - id like a straight swap with Becchio. Trouble is, i know that CMS would be brilliant for Leeds, as they will supply him better.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
RE CMS - id like a straight swap with Becchio. Trouble is, i know that CMS would be brilliant for Leeds, as they will supply him better.[/QUOTE]

Curiously, CMS always has his best games v Leeds. Thats why they like him and want him. They have only seen the very best of him. We have seen a player that has struggled to fit into our system and has missed the presence of Vicente, the one player who could best supply him. At times, CMS has been brilliant and like a lot of strikers, scores in streaks. Yes, his first touch isn't great but neither is Barnes. Neither can play the back-to-goal, target man position but CMS can feed off such a player e.g Ulloa.
It will be a great shame if he goes, as his energy and unsettling effect on the opposition back-four is tremendous.
The biggest worry is Bridcutt. Can the club turn down a substantial bid? There is at least one Premiership club sniffing and TB may need to balance the books.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I wish I could share your optimism. I honestly think we will be priced out for Virgil Van Dyke and we will get another target, can't see us selling CMS though. Especially now we have Ulloa and he is the type of player, who could give that service and knockdowns to Macca and we can get the best out of him finally.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we will sign some huge Croatian centre back, we will get down to brizzle city and sign steadinho as backup striker cover and as wenger likes our style of footy and us generally, we will get some arsenal yoofs on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here