Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Wednesday 999.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
9.9.9 is an evocative date and I'm expecting something to occur.

My other half was due to be working in London tomorrow and I am quietly pleased that it has been cancelled.

Shocking, Guv'Nor. The bombings in Madrid happened on March 11th, 11/3. And 113 is an emergency services number in Europe. :ohmy:

The Madrid bombers actually plan their attack to be precisley 2 1/2 years after 9/11 it also nicely fitted in with being 3 days before the Spanish election, that went on to change the Govt, because the Govt aimed to manipulate the bombing to suit its own Political needs.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was under the impression that 112 is generally used across Europe as the generic emergency services number. Even if you dial it in the UK it will still connect you to the services.

But don't let that get in the way of a good story...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plus I'm pretty sure nothing significant happened on the 8th August last year, therefore there's no reason to suppose anything catastrophic is being planned for the 9th September.

Still. If it does....at least we went out with a win :thumbsup:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Plus I'm pretty sure nothing significant happened on the 8th August last year, therefore there's no reason to suppose anything catastrophic is being planned for the 9th September.

Still. If it does....at least we went out with a win :thumbsup:
I think the OP was making the link with the American emergency number 911 and ours 999 rather than the day month year

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally, if I was a Muslim extremist and looking to make a point, I'd probably pay more attention to non-Islamic religious days- Christmas, Easter, er...some Jewish festivals that I can't remember right now- than statistically interesting calendar dates.

Or maybe particularly significant days in the Islamic calendar, like the end of Ramadan (which is on now, and ends on the 20th September this year, I am reliably informed).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not that I'll be alive anyway, but I'm still very concerned about 1/1/8118.
Will the world be BESIEGED by blokes in shorts, vests and moustaches all running amok ? Our great great great etc grandchildren will need to be WARNED.

118-118-marathon-man-wig-moustache-579-p.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aaarrgggggghhhhh, it's just all one big conspiracy. We'rrrre dooooomed, I tell ya.

Anyway, I'm working tomorrow, so any 09/09/09 related suspicions you may have, please call me on....er....999.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here