Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This time tomorrow ...

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Re: Re: This time tomorrow ...

Gullet said:
Actually it's Div1.:p

No it isn't - you're obviously too young to remember post 1994 (?) when the top division was Div 1 and the second one was, suprisingly, the Second Division.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Re: Re: Re: This time tomorrow ...

Inkerman said:
No it isn't - you're obviously too young to remember post 1994 (?) when the top division was Div 1 and the second one was, suprisingly, the Second Division.
Of course I know what you meant. But hey, you've got to move with the times. I'm now quite happy with the Premiership being called... eerrrmmm......the Premiership. The old Div1 (which was previously called Div2) now being called the Championship takes a bit of getting used to. Confusing it definately is.
As for being too young to remember PRE 1994, well, anyone who knows me will be laughing their socks off at that comment. Thanks for the compliment though.
:lolol: :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: This time tomorrow ...

Gullet said:
Of course I know what you meant. But hey, you've got to move with the times. I'm now quite happy with the Premiership being called... eerrrmmm......the Premiership. The old Div1 (which was previously called Div2) now being called the Championship takes a bit of getting used to. Confusing it definately is.
As for being too young to remember PRE 1994, well, anyone who knows me will be laughing their socks off at that comment. Thanks for the compliment though.

When was the last time you were mistaken for a teenager ?

Early 60s?

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire

Juan Albion said:

Brilliant comment.

I agree with the comment (Danny Boy) about living for the future not the past, intend to do that but it doesn't stop me from harking back to a bit of nostaglia. On that topic, anyone know the best place to park at Gillingham?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Inkerman said:
The premiership was formed in 1992-and as for Gullet being too young to remember-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No offence meant,Steve

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire

sams dad said:
The premiership was formed in 1992-and as for Gullet being too young to remember-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No offence meant,Steve

OK 1992 it was - I wasn't sure & couldn't be bothered to look it up hence the "?" in parethesis after the 1994 in my posting.
Obviously Gullet is acting young - is that in character?

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean

sams dad said:
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
:ohmy:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This time tomorrow ...

sams dad said:
But I don't pretend to be "Young,hip and trendy":lolol:
Play off final.......Half a ton of blue and white paint on your face, giant flag wrapped around your shoulders, dancing around like a big kid. I'll say no more.:nono:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This time tomorrow ...

Gullet said:
Play off final.......Half a ton of blue and white paint on your face, giant flag wrapped around your shoulders, dancing around like a big kid. I'll say no more.:nono:
Yeah ,me and 30,000 others.:clap2:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Inkerman said:
... we will be above Gillingham in The Championship (God I still hate that, it's Division 2 FFS).
Won't we?
Seeing as you probably want an answer to your original question. Yes, I think we could well be. We played well in our last two games without getting a result. Gillingham have played badly and not got a result. The pressure will be more on them. If we go in at half time at least level I think we will wear them down in the 2nd half.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Re: Re: This time tomorrow ...

Gullet said:
Seeing as you probably want an answer to your original question. Yes, I think we could well be. We played well in our last two games without getting a result. Gillingham have played badly and not got a result. The pressure will be more on them. If we go in at half time at least level I think we will wear them down in the 2nd half.
I think you could be right there.My prediction- 2 - 1 to the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here