Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This story just shows what a mess our welfare state is in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some good examples there of why this would need grey areas. But surely more state support could be provided if a 'change of circumstance' in the vein you mention occurs. I see no reason why common sense shouldn't be able to prevail.

Problem is common sense doesn't apply. Common sense would suggest that this woman is an exceptional case (not unique maybe but definitely exceptional) but the right wingers on here prefer to consider her as the rule rather than the exception.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We might not stop people from having children here, but it seems we do not encourage any semblance of self responsibility.

I am not sure your example of either 11 children to one mother can somehow relate to 1 child to 11 sets of mothers without financial implication.

By having 11 children she is not using up some quota from other mothers, her 11 children are a specific cost to the state for her and her alone, it doesn't diminish any costs to other mothers that also are in receipt of similar benefits.

There is a child benefit conundrum, but I am not ready to condemn those earning well, consuming and paying taxes ahead of the feckless.

Oh sush.

The only ones who have taken money and food from the poorest in our society are the bankers and traders who put us in this godawful f***ing mess.

Add to that the Tories and the OBR and there's your answer mate. This dopey yo yo knickers has robbed you and me the square root of f*** all.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh sush.

The only ones who have taken money and food from the poorest in our society are the bankers and traders who put us in this godawful f***ing mess.

Add to that the Tories and the OBR and there's your answer mate. This dopey yo yo knickers has robbed you and me the square root of f*** all.

Jeeez what a load of crap you talk.

You and others that wrap themselves in some warped political bubble are so tedious.

She was probably into her 8th child and transferred to another bigger house before any banking crisis loomed on any financial radar, she has been on the take pre banking crisis, as others have been.

I am no apologist for the bankers, but to somehow legitimise her dependency on the state because of your perception of some toffy nosed tory bankers is just envy.

We really didnt need the bankers to pull us into this financial mess, we've been hurtling towards it for a generation, rewarding those that do not work, whilst more recently an open border policy sucked in overseas workers that then displaced our own workers that then eased those workers into a comparable rewarding benefit system.

Of course big business has a responsibility too, but at least they employ and contribute.

I am totally dispassionate about every main political party so unlike you I do not walk around like some political zombie accepting every unreasonable benefit recipient because you just hate the rich and especially those bankers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It needn't be so politicised.

Personal responsibility is a reasonable aspiration in everything we do, if this is so readily dismissed then you end up with a system that is seen as too accessible and unaccountable.

For most the dynamic of the workplace is difficult and the rewards negligible, claimants must be challenged and their merits assessed too.

The OP was about this woman with 11 children and the spend on her new house, I suspect from child 1 to child 11 the system did not have the tools to challenge or sanction and so it continued, it is replicated to a different scale throughout our society.

You cannot just 'spirit it away' the benefit question by using words like tories, daily mail, bankers, white, or victorian, its an issue that need some attention, whoever you vote for.

You on glue? The government decrees that no-one can have more tha 2 children and it's not political? It's up to the people to be responsible. What, what, what? That's what you are arguing against is it not? Look what happens when we leave it to the common people, old dirty Girty from number 30 fills the house with kids. Your above post is a mess. Please sort it out.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You on glue? The government decrees that no-one can have more tha 2 children and it's not political? It's up to the people to be responsible. What, what, what? That's what you are arguing against is it not? Look what happens when we leave it to the common people, old dirty Girty from number 30 fills the house with kids. Your above post is a mess. Please sort it out.

Nibs, I think I might be on glue as I dont fully understand your post !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here