Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This season, as enjoyable as the last two?

Are you enjoying this season as much as the last couple, so far?

• Total voters

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Absolutely loving this season by adjusting my expectations accordingly, every win, every point is precious. Playing some of the best teams in the world and not being embarrassed, seeing players who worked so hard to get here enjoying their reward as well as TB PB MP and CH who made the dream come true and our brilliant fans who I hope are enjoying every moment.

This.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would. I was pleased when we were promoted but as much for TB, CH and the players as myself.

After the first game to city at home, I was a little concerned about what we faced, but our consistency this season has been superb. With the exception of Huddersfield away, I don't think we have played a poor match all season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm loving the noticeable rise in quality, esp from those players deemed not good enough last year.
Seriously enjoying the knee-JERKers having to 'eat it's pretty much every game.
But really getting titsy with some of the postmatch moaning on here, even after a win

Totally agree with this. People who think we can just turn teams over as we did in the championship don't understand football. Some of the criticism of players has, in my book, been unacceptable.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Love both this year and last. There is nothing like chasing down promotion but also it’s fascinating, the chase to 40

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Yes I agree that with Saturday's performance Goldson deserves a second game
Yes.

If you drop a player after that kind of performance, there is no incentive for the fringe players.

We are fortunate to have 4 quality centre-backs (would swap one for a quality striker though!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's be honest, it's been happening since NSC was formed :D

Anyway, yes, it's enjoyable. Armed with the knowledge that if we stay up then our squad will be further improved for next season. :)

Of course, but I honestly believe it's worse this season despite the fact it's the debut in the Premier League.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

s-l1600.jpg

70's style rose-tinted glasses - I wonder who would own something like that

As if a further clue were needed - they are incapable of posting a picture :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Great thread. My biggest fear this season was us stinking out the league and that nagging thought that it would prove to be better to travel than arrive. I honestly didn't think last year would ever be surpassed for sheer enjoyment and perhaps it won't but I'm enjoying this season a lot, even the last few weeks.

Got to say though that the Palace shambles at the beginning of the season has certainly helped!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Really enjoying it, still only halfway through and all but it is slightly less interesting for me at the moment just because the gamers are less exciting in themselves I think and there will be less of them. Not complaining in the slightest, just answering the question honestly.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I would say yes I'm enjoying it as much. Its a funny one, having lower expectations most games the the last couple of seasons makes me take it more on a game by game basis and enjoy that our target is staying up, its a very different situation to the expectation is going up if that makes sense a lot of our players are used to winning fairly regularly and it will be a test of individuals mettle to see who accepts the challenge

Been an armchair fan for longer than I would like and being in SA fr the last few seasons I managed to watch most games on the screen, even in the championship. so miss that. I am getting about a 50% hit rate in the midlands here between an ok stream vs the official match thread which is frustrating. A very kind NSC user has offered me the possibillity of attended a match this season. Would love to attend an Amex game in the prem. I tried a few when flying from SA but flight/baggage delays made me miss them. I digress. Yes toe to toe I think I am enjoying this season more than last one and not as much as the one before (except for the outcome, I had a boro mate there and that season was nail biting till the last minute)

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I seem to be in a minority but I am not finding the season very enjoyable. I accept that promotion was necessary from the club's point of view and I loved the journey here. But as far as the quality of football, I think the entertainment factor is mostly pretty dire. The top six clubs (and I don't include Burnley in that equation) are so far removed from the rest in spending power and the strength of their squads, that comparison is futile. This has led to mostly negative and largely boring games against Newcastle, Everton, Southampton, Stoke, Palace and now Watford. Each of these games was slowed down by the opposing team, time-wasting at throw-ins, goal-kicks etc and were characterised by fearful and non-expansive football. I believe the huge reward for being in the premier league instead of the championship, and the fear of dropping out of it, has ensured this kind of poor approach. Personally I believe that as things stand, being competitive in the championship leads to more entertainment.

However, as a lifelong fan, I am delighted with our present position and very much hope that we continue to perform as well as we are currently and can strengthen our squad in the next few weeks.

I quite agree with what you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I said last season, that the journey would be better than the destination.
I like winning so getting promotion was wonderful. We are visiting great stadia, & watching world class players, but we're also holding our own.

We're not going to get points every game, as it's a learning curve, but whinging & moaning isn't going to change a thing, so when we lose, log out & go have a drink.

theboybilly

I love the Premier League at our home games but you just can't beat the Championship away days. Last season's journey had everything - great performances (Hillsborough) and dire ones too ( City Ground ). For the Albion it is no more than they deserve and I hope they stay in the PL for as long as possible but I do miss Barnsley, Burton, Derby etc more than I could ever miss Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm. I remember in 1979.a large percentage of Brighton fans realised they preferred beating weaker teams as opposed to struggling against stronger ones. I'm not having a dig (at the fans in 1979 or today),it's human nature, fans want to see their team win, and beating Ragbag Rovers 5-1 is a more enjoyable experience than losing 5-1 to Liverpool.

I voted for the 'Yes' option as there wasn't one for 'enjoying it much more than the last two seasons'. In the previous two seasons wins were expected, and apart from a few most were a bit like an addict getting a fix: we need the three points and we needed to grind out the win; the final whistle would blow and there was no real euphoria, it was just a sense of 'job done'. (The home games against Cardiff, Wolves and Hudds definitely fall into that category).

This season though, the highs from the wins, even the goals, is incredible. Every win is Wigan all over again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here