Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This satellite that's going to hit earth tomorrow.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
The problem with it hitting Palace would in not be insured and then Nasa would have to build them a new stadium, and if Nasa had to build a stadium it would be amazing.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Nasa appear to have lost it! BBC report states Nasa advises members of the public to be careful not to touch it if you find it as there may be sharp edges. No advice for anyone who happens to be currently lying beneath it!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So ... did this thing ACTUALLY land?

article-2040988-0E12CC4200000578-665_468x253.jpg

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Another satellite due to hit earth this weekend. This time it's a German one. BBC news report it will be more 'interesting' this time as more debris will impact with the earth's surface.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Another satellite due to hit earth this weekend. This time it's a German one. BBC news report it will be more 'interesting' this time as more debris will impact with the earth's surface.
And another, imminently.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It thought it got taken out years ago and not by Bruce Willis either….
It was Ulloa’s penalty.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Are we all dead yet?

It's interesting that a piece of space trash falls from the sky about once a week. But because of our atmosphere a normal satellite falling to earth will break up and turn into much smaller pieces and burn up into ashes and due to that and the vast expanses of our earthly oceans the chances of a part falling on a person are one in a million or worse.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

I'm pretty sure that redundant satellites hurtling towards earth & all those satellites that are merrily 'floating' around for benign reasons such as watching tv, can't be much good for our climate on earth. These things floating around our planet must have some sort of effect? That's a musing not an opinion, I know it's vastly more complex (actually I don't know anything about it)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here