Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This nonsense about being effectively promoted tomorrow because of our superior GD

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can't believe that fans are still worrying about promotion. There's only one thing on my mind can we increase our lead over Newcastle as Leeds are a difficult side to play

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Like I said on some other thread, match Hudds results over Easter weekend then all we need is a point at Norwich. THEN it's a done deal.

Match Hudds Easter results (lose, lose / lose, lose) then get a point at Norwich, leaves us on 87 points (with two to play).

Reading can still finish on 88...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is anyone really wetting themselves that it isn't going to happen though? For me, it is when it is mathematically certain and that's when it will really sink in. Doesn't mean I think Huddersfield will overhaul it.

I'll compare it to when you get married. You're waiting for the bride to arrive so there is a little worry. She's there and walking down the aisle (or whatever in the venue you are at). It's looking more then likely but not yet certain. The priest/registrar etc get's to the bit about anyone here know just cause why they shouldn't get married . Silence, so it's even closer. You say your vows but it's not until you get the 'I know pronounce you man and wife' that the deal is done (ok, it might not be official till you sign the registra but you get the gist). Well same with promotion!

D

Deleted member 22389

Two wins and a draw for certain, 100% with 5 to play.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am also in the 15 points ahead tomorrow night is NOT a done deal.

This is primarily because I am not at Wolves, and SELFISHLY want to be there when IT happens.

If 15 points ahead tomorrow I fully expect Glenn Murray to do his calm down gesture then calmly and solemnly lead the players off the pitch (with Knocky in a head-lock) in preparation for gaining promotion on Monday.

#NotatWolvesEither

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is anyone really wetting themselves that it isn't going to happen though? For me, it is when it is mathematically certain and that's when it will really sink in. Doesn't mean I think Huddersfield will overhaul it.

I'll compare it to when you get married. You're waiting for the bride to arrive so there is a little worry. She's there and walking down the aisle (or whatever in the venue you are at). It's looking more then likely but not yet certain. The priest/registrar etc get's to the bit about anyone here know just cause why they shouldn't get married . Silence, so it's even closer. You say your vows but it's not until you get the 'I know pronounce you man and wife' that the deal is done (ok, it might not be official till you sign the registra but you get the gist). Well same with promotion!

Decent analogy, that.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
It may be the latent accountant in me but it really hacks me off.

If we are 15 points ahead with Huddersfield with 5 games to go, the assumption is that even if we lose 4 and they win 5 they won't overtake us on goal difference. But they could and therefore it is not promotion, effectively or not.

Well it's 35 goals to make up. Say we lose all four of us 3-0 like at Forest, that's 12 of them. Could be worse at Norwich if they are on fire! 23 goals in the Huddersfield games is only 5-0 in four and 3-0 in another.

Oh okay, yes it isn't going to happen is it. But the phrase does for some reason make my blood boil. :albion2::albion2::albion2:

We are good at clean sheets, though

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

It's also analagous in that prior to that point life is a hugely enjoyable and successful romp in the sunshine, wheras afterwards you spend far more money than you ever thought possible without scoring for weeks on end.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

If we are 15 points ahead with Huddersfield with 5 games to go, the assumption is that even if we lose 4 and they win 5 they won't overtake us on goal difference. But they could and therefore it is not promotion, effectively or not.

Well it's 35 goals to make up. Say we lose all four of us 3-0 like at Forest, that's 12 of them. Could be worse at Norwich if they are on fire! 23 goals in the Huddersfield games is only 5-0 in four and 3-0 in another.

Oh okay, yes it isn't going to happen is it. But the phrase does for some reason make my blood boil. :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Oh mate, sorry, you know you're wrong.

Even at this stage I'd say "We're on our way, we're on our way ....."

The bookies are rarely wrong with their odds!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

those going to Wolverhampton tomorrow probably don't care two hoots about your blood boiling ..and good on them I'd say ..but it hasn't happened yet has it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ha ha, did you ever listen to the Alan Partridge radio series when he interview the Duchess of Stranraer? She was 28th in line to the throne and he asked her if she wanted to be Queen, and she said it could never happen, then Partridge said it could and went into this narrative of the Queen being in a car accident, then a load of the royal family in a minibus get killed on the way to the funeral when a sniper takes out the driver....etc. Very funny. That's you that is.

Haha, yes I love that interview. Very funny. And yes, that's true. I believe in the end she agreed in that scenario she would answer her country's call and be Queen!

For me (and you) the absolute dream results tomorrow are Brighton WIN, Hudds/Preston DRAW.

Win v Wigan required to SEAL promotion.

I'm kinda hoping for this too. Proper undisputed promotion achieved after we beat Wigan and then see Newcastle slip up again for us to seal the title against Bristol

I would think Huddersfield will rest players now for play offs and the others when they are guaranteed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The only teams that are guaranteed a top 6 finish are us and the Geordies. It's unlikely that any of the current teams in the play off spots will have their play off spot confirmed until 2nd to last game. In fact, I think there would still be a twist or turn to come here and haven't ruled out the possibility that Huddersfield may finish 7th

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This nonsense about being effectively promoted tomorrow because of our superior GD

Nonsense is what it is... complete and utter nonsense. :nono:

I am too excited to notice if it makes my blood boil though... struggling to concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes.

On our way...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oh mate, sorry, you know you're wrong.

Even at this stage I'd say "We're on our way, we're on our way ....."

The bookies are rarely wrong with their odds!

I'm not wrong, I'm right!

I'm clearly not saying we are not going up. We definitely are but this half way house of being "effectively up" is a nonsense. You are either up or not up. And we can't possibly be up until next Monday at the earliest.

But I will still very much enjoy Wolves :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm not wrong, I'm right!

I'm clearly not saying we are not going up. We definitely are but this half way house of being "effectively up" is a nonsense. You are either up or not up. And we can't possibly be up until next Monday at the earliest.

But I will still very much enjoy Wolves :)

Indeed, technically you are correct. Even if Hudders lose 10-0 and we win 10-0 we're still not up, so yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here