This new "Reputation" thing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've not really followed how the rep system is working in practice. Are people getting negatively repped for arsiness or for having unpopular views e.g. If someone was of the view that Lewis Dunk deserved a red card or that Poyet overreacted to the Lua Lua decision how likely would it be that they'd get a bad rep?

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I've not really followed how the rep system is working in practice. Are people getting negatively repped for arsiness or for having unpopular views e.g. If someone was of the view that Lewis Dunk deserved a red card or that poet overreacted to the Lua Lue decision how likely would it be that they'd get a bad rep?

Rep is based on how other people see your posts.

I'm going to explain too much, but I'm not sure how much you do view.

There is a little Sheriff badge/Splodge/Star under every post. You click on it you can Approve or Disapprove. Approve raises the posters rep, disapprove lowers it.

So in a way, people who are constantly going against the grain will get a low rep in time, but then all of the people who always disagree with the norm are the people who are on a wind up, no?!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Rep is based on how other people see your posts.

I'm going to explain too much, but I'm not sure how much you do view.

There is a little Sheriff badge/Splodge/Star under every post. You click on it you can Approve or Disapprove. Approve raises the posters rep, disapprove lowers it.

So in a way, people who are constantly going against the grain will get a low rep in time, but then all of the people who always disagree with the norm are the people who are on a wind up, no?!

Thanks for the explanation. I can see the star when I'm on my computer but like others viewing NSC on Tapatalk, I can neither see the star nor the reps of NSCers. It does concern me if the rep system makes it less likely for people to share a perspective, genuinely held, that may jar with the general consensus.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Thanks for the explanation. I can see the star when I'm on my computer but like others viewing NSC on Tapatalk, I can neither see the star nor the reps of NSCers. It does concern me if the rep system makes it less likely for people to share a perspective, genuinely held, that may jar with the general consensus.

Is bad rep any worse than a load of people having a go at you?!

The main flaw in my eyes is transfers. Somebody says "XX will sign by 15:00" 15:00 comes and XX doesn't sign, user loses a load of rep, and then at 15:30 the player signs. The user won't get that rep back. He might gain some back but he won't even break even. This then means that somebody could have a link inside the club, and a negative rep. Seems to defeat one of the reasons for having the Rep Points, doesn't it?

Some of the cliquey people got good reps from each other. But in the end what does it count for anyway?
There are people on here who'll give good or bad regardless of what you say.

It's bollocks really.

Someone said on mine "what are you doing here" like why don't I go away - except they could just say that on a thread. But rep rap gives them a vicarious satisfaction? "take THIS, NMH, I'm bad repping you"
Ghey.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Glad I re-read this because wasn't sure how this was working. Had a couple of positive reputations from people in the last few days.

Just noticed today that I had a negative reputation comment which simply said "Sorry, I don't like your grammar". This related to a thread where I said nothing contentious other than talking about tea.

Of course I don't know who gave me this negative "score" (if that is what it is called) and I'm assuming it is because they don't like some of my other comments perhaps. Most odd - and not what the system was designed for? Or is it part and parcel of NSC and these things even themselves up over time?

Interesting to see if this reputation thing works out.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Shameless plug for rep? anyone? i promise to tow the party line,nod & agree with everybody,no more talk on riots,football only...Seagulls.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's a bit like fight club. The first rule of rep is that you don't talk about it. I did once and got negged twice for it. At least one of them actually put his name to the comment by posting the same comment on the thread :)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I see - hard to retract my skool boy error - but there you go.

I wouldn't worry. The last neg comment I got was about my avatar saying it was scaring kids :)

I can't see what is so scary about three former Portsmouth chairman myself except for.how he sold up before finally taking them out of business :D

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will continue to vote for posters i find funny and agree with,even posters i don't like too much,if they have a good point to make they will gain rep-swearing helps lighten the mood,in the correct dose,not 1 single poster will be on my avoid/block list as i don't have one-i will continue to spread good reputation as i am a firm believer in what goes around will come back around-very rare are my negative reps.

It's quite a good thing,current form maybe poor for me,however i will work hard to re discover my touch-if all else fails i will end up .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Gold has had to leave NSC on the insistence of his missus, allegedly i spend too long on here-

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On your profile you have a reputation tab, with the green (approve) and red (disapprove) dots, but what are the grey ones?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So, that is an approval from someone with zero points?

How did we ever get started then, as we all started with zero didn't we?

I have my first "disapproval" anyway for asking my original question. :down:

I think we all started on 10.
I have redressed the balance :thumbsup:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
So, that is an approval from someone with zero points?

How did we ever get started then, as we all started with zero didn't we?

I have my first "disapproval" anyway for asking my original question. :down:

No, there is a difference between the amount of rep you have been given and the amount you can give out, I think. Everyone started on the same level in terms of their reputation, but the power you have to give others reputation varies depending on how long you've been a poster, how many posts you've made, amongst other things. It was outlined in the original thread explaining it.

I also got a rep on my profile that is grey. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but could hazard a guess that maybe two people repped it and cancelled each other out? It only showed up once though so I'm not entirely sure what it means.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
JCL my arse.... :lol:

I heard a geordie in a Brighton shirt on Tuesday night sat behind me explaining to american friends about the game and trying to explain the songs such as we are the north stand etc, but when they asked what we were singing "stand up if you hate Palarse" he did not hear the Palarse bit and then explained football teams have rivals and that it could be either southampton or pompey or even palace as they are near to Brighton !! Then he talked all about at united this & that.

That my friends is a JCL :facepalm:

Not feckin me :D

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
I'd be interested to know what all the different possible slogans are when your rep changes....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports