This new "Reputation" thing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
And The Super Soaraway Sun is still the most widely read newspaper.

Marvellous.

I think once the initial euphoria has died down, it should prove a handy tool.

Certainly if the mods are made aware of lots of negative reps for a particular poster.

It should hopefully see the end of people quoting posts with just a 'this' which is a pain in the arse. Particularly if the post is a long one and one is reading from a small phone. As with the notifications, it is fairly inobtrusive.

I've noticed lots of forums allow people to have huge pictures as their signatures. Now that is really annoying!

How many of these points do you start with?

I assume more than 14 as thats what i have and been neg'd once already.

Also, how many points to get a red thingy, I think that will be my target.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't hack your phones (I just read your PMs).

As in our - notifications, or is that something completely different ??? :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why would it?

Fair point. "Positive rep for that" (or something similar) might replace 'this'. More hope than anything. I don't quite understand the whole premise behind just agreeing with someone, without adding anything to it.

A decent statement/post would normally be agreeable to a huge number of people. Most seem to resist agreeing in open to it, but having four or five people then quoting and saying 'this' is just annoying. 'This' is a shit word as it is.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Fair point. "Positive rep for that" (or something similar) might replace 'this'. More hope than anything. I don't quite understand the whole premise behind just agreeing with someone, without adding anything to it.

A decent statement/post would normally be agreeable to a huge number of people. Most seem to resist agreeing in open to it, but having four or five people then quoting and saying 'this' is just annoying. 'This' is a shit word as it is.
Oh OK, I take your point. I have to admit I use 'This' a fair bit, mostly because I'm not that good sometimes (or at all) at putting what I think into words but still like to indicate my position on what is being discussed (because...you know, internets and all :D). But I do apologise for doing so :p

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But I'm a JCL? Who's idea of a weird laugh is that? Glad I haven't been around lately..

You just said you did not care,well i do,i have been to 2 play off finals,so i want 2 green stripes, things..oh your right who cares

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
But I'm a JCL? Who's idea of a weird laugh is that? Glad I haven't been around lately..

Fret not, curiosity killed my cat and I notice that in just a few short posts on this thread I've moved from JCL to someone who - "turns up to Albion games in a Man Utd shirt"

I reckon my PM's/notifications really have been hacked to have unearthed that one :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So how's it all going? Are people still using it. I've been dishing out good and bad but mostly good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports