1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Change change change, just for the sake of it. :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4254016 said:
This is turning more into a Fisher-Price My First Internet Forum every frickin' day.

Precisely this. No offence like :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I am a "JCL" apparently, even tho I have been posting on this forum (albeit initially under a slightly different name) since it was called 'The Albion Campaign Pages' in 1996 - and suggested the Mansfield boycott! I also used to be a mod back then. But now I am apparently a 'newbie'. Pathetic!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4254793 said:
We'll have big colourful buttons that squeak when you press them for navigation next

Hence my big colourful button stage left :)

I've tried several out tonight but this one seems to work best at the moment. I'm sure tomorrow will see a new improved button on the market though...decisions decisions.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just a thought but if I chose to ignore the little buttons and whizzbangs and whatever would I ever notice what they meant and if I didn't would it make any diference to my NSC experience?

It is a matter of choice - right?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just a thought but if I chose to ignore the little buttons and whizzbangs and whatever would I ever notice what they meant and if I didn't would it make any diference to my NSC experience?

It is a matter of choice - right?
True, I've got PMs, avatars and signatures turned off, I never bother with my 'Notifications', (which I noticed recently had got up to 91 before somehow resetting itself when I looked at my profile), but like it or not the bells and whistles do get in the way a bit. We've already got people saying in standard posts: Look at my avatar! Check My signature! Facebook me! Tweet me! Follow me! At the moment that's just a bit of low-level irritating noise, but with the Rep feature you'll get (as I've seen on other forums) posts along the lines of: "Hey have some rep!", "Wow I'm negging you for that", "Why you negging me?","Never mind I'll rep you instead", "Thanks, don't know why he negged me", etc. It's especially bad if people can see the comments that have been left by the person doing the repping.

It's all a little bit 6th form, but it could be good binfest material mind.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
True, I've got PMs, avatars and signatures turned off, I never bother with my 'Notifications', (which I noticed recently had got up to 91 before somehow resetting itself when I looked at my profile), but like it or not the bells and whistles do get in the way a bit. We've already got people saying in standard posts: Look at my avatar! Check My signature! Facebook me! Tweet me! Follow me! At the moment that's just a bit of low-level irritating noise, but with the Rep feature you'll get (as I've seen on other forums) posts along the lines of: "Hey have some rep!", "Wow I'm negging you for that", "Why you negging me?","Never mind I'll rep you instead", "Thanks, don't know why he negged me", etc. It's especially bad if people can see the comments that have been left by the person doing the repping.

It's all a little bit 6th form, but it could be good binfest material mind.

This. Have some rep.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone able to answer this?

If you click on your own 'star' you will see your own score.

Other than that, I think the intention is that most of it is 'secret' so that people don't use prior votes to influence their own. Human nature is probably such that many will immediately seek to give a negative to someone that gave a negative to them. There are some extensions I can add that will mean you can see what has been said about you, but I've purposely not added these yet for the reason just given.

And, just to reiterate again: I added this as it was requested by several people. It's built into vBulletin so didn't take me any time at all - just flicked the virtual switch. If it doesn't really add much, then I'll happily turn it off again. So, if you don't like it, just ignore it - it's hardly intrusive.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Well I like it. Although my few random posts really wont make me a 'green 5 pipper' any time soon

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
see a chuffing JCL - I've been on here and watching since 2009!!

just cos I'm boring and have nothing to say.........

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oh I am so hurt.The truth must be told though.
Anyway I am on the first page of 78 pages on the BBS for reputation points.:banana::banana:
Do your worst.
I'm 8th on the BBS, and thats after one of the mods screwing up and putting me from 2nd down to in the 600's. Blind_Eagle is a twat mod!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Could be a decent idea. We do seem to have an impressive element of moaners on here about any change. Maybe give it a little while to see how it works?!

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
You can see the message if you click on the star underneath the post that has been repped. I don't know how you find out which posts have been repped though, just guesswork?
Ah OK. On the BBS we can click on our user CP and see the last 20 or so reps, linked to the post, who repped and the comment (does that make sense)?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Ah OK. On the BBS we can click on our user CP and see the last 20 or so reps, linked to the post, who repped and the comment (does that make sense)?

Yeah, that would possibly make things easier. Though not sure if displaying who gave the rep is a good idea or not. Maybe it's ok on BBS, but on NSC it could cause mayhem... the binfests would be entertaining though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports