Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This nasty wind we're having

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When is it going to f*** OFF? I've been meaning to get out running in this lovely sunshine we've having the last few days but the biting WIND is making me pussy out every time. What's going on? It's horribobs!

mud%20volleyball%202002%20wind%20god.jpg

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think I could bring myself to wear leggings.

Right, I'll man up and go tonight. Can't believe I'm such a wuss after running in the weather we had for the Sussex Beacon mind. I just hate WIND.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
WIND is a scchhllllaaaag. On Saturday I cycled from Hove to Ovingdean against the wind and even the down hill bits were a struggle. The worst bit was the climb up to the cliffs above the marina to that scary girls school at Roedean.
Coming back towards the pier was great though, it was a BREEZE

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's just so bloody COLD too. I HATE it.

(And now I have an image of the Gimpster in TIGHTS in my head)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was quite literally wearing those TIGHTS only yesterday lunchtime, MONG of Harveys.

I look well fit in them. :love:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
How is one supposed to style their hair when they have to walk for half an hour in a blizzard!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went for a reasonable run this morning and the air seemed to have warmed a tad. yes, i wear a hat and fingerless gloves, but the scarf i didn't need.
This afternoon i have to cycle about 10 miles to f***ing Putney to be mentally examined by a neuropsychologist for my compensation claim thingemyjig. All the way there the wind will be behind me. All the way back, psychologically wearisome and emotionally spent, i'll have chilly gusts in my face as the sun braggishly sets greyly all around me. Anus. I'm not looking forward to that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Supposed to be changing to a weaker NW'erly in the next few days which won't be as cold but still rather chilly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went for a ride, Sunday morning, with 2 others.
We went out against the wind, so were able to draft each other.
I peeled away, above Steyning, slogged on to the fly over, then set off for home, from Shoreham back to the out reaches of West Sussex along the coast.
Fan-blooming-tastic I was sprinting for 7 miles, in a massive gear, forgetting I still needed to turn into it for 3/4 of a mile, at Ferring, before carrying on, again.

Total 'rookie' mistake it was so hard riding against it, I was dying.

All good fun.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The temperature doesn't bother me most days (occasionaly it'll be cold enough to make the tips of my fingers ache dispite full length gloves), but the strength or wind. I ride along the sea front the up lewes road. The wind was diagonal on monday, so I was going againts it both along the seafront and up lewes road. That was harsh, especially since it was right before I was going to play badminton. I was well and truly knackered.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Should be better for the game on Saturday. Honest.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
A thread about wind. Yet it took six hours and 16 replies before someone made a bottom burp gag.

I despair of NSC sometimes - I know you do fart better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here