Cherry saplings snapped in Preston Park

Untitled design - 2022-04-11T162157.467.png.gallery.jpg

What kind of feral twunt DOES that?

What gives?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
trees planted in a park near us recently are caged. primarily to protect them from footballs!

hopefully the planters will be under surveilance cameras?

bring back the stocks.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Maybe one day someone will damage something that these morons cherish, and maybe then they might understand what utter twats they'd been. But I doubt it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You’d hope that cctv will nab them but the thin blue line will have other priorities like nabbing people like Johnson who also doesn’t give a sh*t. It hasn’t always been this rife. What a world we live in.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I really don't understand the mentality or mindset of people who enjoy vandalising things, and smashing them up; what kind of sick pleasure can be derived from such anti-social yobbery?

Problem is, the twunts who do this sort of thing would probably beat-up or stab anyone who challenged them, so decent people keep their heads down or look the other way, so the scum know they can act with impunity; no-one dare try to stop them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I saw the damaged trees on Monday and had to explain to my 7 year old grand daughter that some people were do these things her comment back was But why do they do it...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I really don't understand the mentality or mindset of people who enjoy vandalising things, and smashing them up; what kind of sick pleasure can be derived from such anti-social yobbery?

Problem is, the twunts who do this sort of thing would probably beat-up or stab anyone who challenged them, so decent people keep their heads down or look the other way, so the scum know they can act with impunity; no-one dare try to stop them.

This is exactly right. So it is incumbent on those who are paid to protect people and property ie the police to deal with these issues. But they won't. Dealing with acts of vandalism like this is what we have PCSOs walking the beat for. Did I say "walking the beat"? I meant driving round in ner-ners playing at Starsky & Hutch.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Maybe one day someone will damage something that these morons cherish, and maybe then they might understand what utter twats they'd been. But I doubt it.
Hopefully not their brains which are already damaged.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
On a serious note, violence is on the rise, people are angry. This is largely due to hardship. When we are ruled by people out of touch and clearly don't follow their own rules, you can't be surprised when chaos hits the streets. Far worse things to come then a few plants being smashed I'm afraid people.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
On a serious note, violence is on the rise, people are angry. This is largely due to hardship. When we are ruled by people out of touch and clearly don't follow their own rules, you can't be surprised when chaos hits the streets. Far worse things to come then a few plants being smashed I'm afraid people.

That's right, shit on your own doorstep because that will put things right... :facepalm:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sorry, but that's just BS thinking :facepalm:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Yes. People are angry. I don't in anyway think it likely that the people who carried this out were politically engaged enough that their anger was triggered by lockdown breaches in Downing St. But 10 years of government policy that strips wealth from the young and gives it to the old, as they are more electorally important, is never not going to have an effect.

All this stuff is about inequality at the end of the day isn't it. Inequality of education, housing, opportunity. The end result is that swathes will feel as though they have no stake in society. But hey ho, more people to demonise. People will get less angry with further cuts in services that way

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think the point being made is a lack of respect, a lack of care and a distinct lack of morals.

That is all trickling down, not just from parents but from the very top.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
In the past few days...

Flower planters smashed in London Road

View attachment 146910

Cherry saplings snapped in Preston Park

View attachment 146911

What kind of feral twunt DOES that?

What gives?

That made me so angry. I spent a bit getting a couple of memorial trees planted, I was worried for quite a while that some dick would snap them in 2 one evening, they are probably big enough now for that not to be so much of a risk.

In the same day’s news, we are losing 100-200 Ash trees in Withdean Park so the fact that some still want to get their kicks this way by vandalising the few new trees we do get seems somehow even worse than normal.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This has been going on at Patcham Peace Garden for years. There’s some sick little blighters out there being encouraged by the very people who make the rules. The sooner Johnson and his cohorts get out or are thrown out the better and we can get some people in who have morals, are honest and will set good examples.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I take your point, but in this instance I think you may be reading too much into it. If the perps are caught and asked why they did it I'll wager a lot of money that the answer won't be along the lines of it was a protest against Partygate and a rich and out-of-touch Tory elite. They're far more likely to give an answer along the lines of the one Luther gave in The Warriors when asked why he'd shot Cyrus: "No reason; I just like doing things like that!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here