Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

this is why ronaldo will never be the best in the world

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Oh so the ability of a footballer is based on whether they go down easily or not ? Oh right well that's Adam El Abd and Ashley Barnes out the running for PFA player of the year.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think that they are hard to compare - Messi is effortless and a complete natural - an unreal talent. Ronaldo is talented too, but he has got to the level he is at by lots of hard work and training.

I think it's a bit like comparing Nadal and Federer - they're both great but Federer is just so effortless while you get the feeling Nadal is working so, so hard.

But yes, Messi's abilty to ride challenges, never whinge or lash out is incredible the amount he gets kicked around!

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Asier Del Horno (Former Chelsea and Valencia left-back) would disagree. I seem to remember a Messi dive got him a red card and led to Chelsea being knocked out of the Champs League...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Excellent video ! Thanks.

It's common knowledge that Messi isn't a diver, but watching that really hammers home the amazing ability he has to ride a challenge and still keep possession of the ball !

He really is a class above everyone else - but then he is left footed...naturally :wink:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Messi is so strong on the ball, similar in that respect to Maradonna.
And to think we have idiots in this country such as Andy Gray who said he would "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium" Get back under your rock Gray!

D

Deleted member 18477

Asier Del Horno (Former Chelsea and Valencia left-back) would disagree. I seem to remember a Messi dive got him a red card and led to Chelsea being knocked out of the Champs League...

This. Messi has/does dive sometimes. A lot of players do these days. He plays with 2 of the biggest cheats in the world in Busquets and dani Alves. Both f***ing rats!

D

Deleted member 18477

And to think we have idiots in this country such as Andy Gray who said he would "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium" Get back under your rock Gray!

Gray is a legend! Women should not be running the line!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
great video. Also highlights the other forms of cheating that we don't hear about as much as we do about diving. I f***ing hate shirt pulling. Go and play rugby.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
More honest than ronaldo but better ?....... It's a tough one as they both have such a different style but get the job done

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
As I'm phone I can't post any videos but I'm sure if you goto YouTube and type 'Messi dive' I'm sure you will see that Messi does dive. I'm sure I could make a 3 min clip on any player were they stay on their feet during challenges (Gerrard, Lampard, Drogba etc.) also using the same players I could make a video which points out other occasions where they have gone down far too easily.

It's part of the modern game unfortunately and NO player is exempt, just some worse than others!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I think this video shows that Messi could handle a wet and windy Tuesday night in Stoke fairly comfortably. The cloggers wouldn't get within 10 yards of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here