Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "This is why people say our fan base is embarrassing"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Rather a strange response to what is, essentially, just highlighting an article written by someone who sits outside our fan base. There's no great groundswell of opinion amongst Albion fans demanding Jason Steele be included in an England squad NOW.

But, setting that aside, does anyone give a toss what anyone thinks about the Albion fanbase?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm largely just enjoying the very best time possible as an Albion fan.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Very odd given a fairly sizeable section of our fanbase on here wanted Sanchez in for Steele at the Emirates...

There is also no way Gareth Southgate is going to pick a goal keeper that in all likelihood is going to even further highlight the ball playing deficiencies of his ManUtd centre back and left back, or Philips and others for that matter.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Rather a strange response to what is, essentially, just highlighting an article written by someone who sits outside our fan base. There's no great groundswell of opinion amongst Albion fans demanding Jason Steele be included in an England squad NOW.

But, setting that aside, does anyone give a toss what anyone thinks about the Albion fanbase?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm largely just enjoying the very best time possible as an Albion fan.

Yes, very strange reaction. There’s no such thing as ‘our fanbase’ anyway. Send him a link to NSC. We don’t agree on anything !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very odd given a fairly sizeable section of our fanbase on here wanted Sanchez in for Steele at the Emirates...

There is also no way Gareth Southgate is going to pick a goal keeper that in all likelihood is going to even further highlight the ball playing deficiencies of his ManUtd centre back and left back, or Philips and others for that matter.
That's assuming the likes of Maguire et al get selected for the next squad.

😆 😆 😆 😆

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, very strange reaction. There’s no such thing as ‘our fanbase’ anyway. Send him a link to NSC. We don’t agree on anything !
Yes we do :wink:

Could you imagine Steele pinging the ball out to the current England back 6 while they're under pressure and expecting them to ping it onwards first touch :lolol:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
You only need to look at the reaction to Sanchez being dropped to realise a lot of our Twitter fanbase don’t actually care if the club do well and post stuff for bites, and value certain players over success.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The board would be as bad as twitter itself if we posted every dim juvenile tweet, it's like the wild west meets a crèche on there.

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I think it would be a bad thing for any of our English players to join Southgate's gang right now. Being asked to swap high class De Zerbi ball for dreary Gareth ball could be quite damaging.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

I'd ignore that person. It's a link to an article summarising Steele's good form, not a fan saying ''Steele is amazing, i love him, he should play for England''. The only embarrassing thing is that guys response.

And there isnt suddenly some massive consensus that Albion fans are embarrassing. In regard to football related chat Twitter these days is just a pit full of twats trying to one up other twats, by saying your player is shit, your team is shit, you fans are shit etc... So best to ignore.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was that photo taken after our stuffing by Everton? :wink:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Said it before on a different thread but as soon as you stop giving a toss about things like that your life gets immeasurably better. Seriously who cares what some gimps from Croydon or a northern shithole think?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s a cool thing for kids to say now - another twitter twat - just beat ignored.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Nope. No toss given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here