Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is it. My last Albion game for a few years!

Seagull Stew

New Zealand awaits but today I will say goodbye to my very old friend The Albion who has given me so much joy (well actually probably more anguish but I'll put that to one side for now) over the last 25 years.

Thanks to anyone who has helped keep the club going against all the odds over the last decade or so and has therefore provided me with something to feel truly passionate about.

For me, The Albion will be the main bonding factor between myself and my Father. It has never quite been the same going to games since he passed away 2 1/2 years ago but today will still feel like I am leaving something very special behind.

Win, draw or lose today, I expect I will be holding a rather large frog in my throat at the end of the game.

Some people can't understand how something like this can mean so much to people and to be honest it baffles me sometimes, but I can assure you that the feeling multiplies tenfold when you realise that it's coming to an end.

I am truly delighted that Falmer really is now on the horizon and can't wait for the first game there which will surely coincide with a visit back to these shores.

Best of luck to all who are involved with the club and to all of us who love it in the same way as I do!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Good luck in New Zealand mate, and I hope that the weather and the performance holds up for you today.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Good luck

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good luck in foreign climes.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
a fair swap. they give us Michael Campbell US Open winner...we give them Seagull Stew...good luck in your new life!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What a lovely post. Sums up how I feel about the Albion. My Father, alas long gone, introduced me to this passion that is the Albion. Even when I lived far away the Club never left me.

So, have a great time in wonderful New Zealand. I do hope it all works out for you. Will be thinking of you at Final Whistle. Best of Luck.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good luck down there, great place to live.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What a lovely post. Sums up how I feel about the Albion. My Father, alas long gone, introduced me to this passion that is the Albion. Even when I lived far away the Club never left me.

So, have a great time in wonderful New Zealand. I do hope it all works out for you. Will be thinking of you at Final Whistle. Best of Luck.

My Dad introduced me to the Albion, and like you when I lived far away (not as far as NZ of course) I never stopped being an Albion fan. Quite often when I was bringing up the children with very little money to spare, I was reduced to watching Grandstand just for updates, but it never leaves you. My Dad died in 1998 but each time I hear Sussex by the Sea being played I still remember our times together at the Goldstone.
With the internet nowadays you are never far away. Have a good time in New Zealand.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You are a truly lucky man, my dad actually stopped me from going to see the Albion, he hated football and worried that there was too much violence. I didn't get to see my first Brighton game until I was 16, I wish that I had been able to go a few years earlier to see the likes of Ward in his prime but alas it was not to be and I had to make do with listening on the radio and getting stories of the games from friends at school.

Good luck in New Zealand, one of my workmates is also off there in a few months, have to admit that I am somewhat envious as it sounds like a fantastic place to live. Keep in touch with us through NSC, you might be going away but the Albion aren't.

Bon voyage.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Some people can't understand how something like this can mean so much to people and to be honest it baffles me sometimes, but I can assure you that the feeling multiplies tenfold when you realise that it's coming to an end.

Good Luck ....I cant pretend to understand the concept of no Albion..I am lucky enough to still go with my father ..for 30 odd years we have done this..at times both he and the Albion drive me mad but I wouldnt want to be without them..

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If you end up in Wellington you can always adopt their new team in the A-League, Wellington Phoenix. Not the same as the Albion but may be a decent way to get your football fix in an egg chasing country.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
New Zealand is fantastic.

Albionism is fantastic - er.

Good luck.............see you on here.

Seagull Stew

Thanks for the messages.

Not actually leaving until the end of October but going for a month to Africa first.
I can't make the game on September 1st and DO NOT want to make my last game a Friday evening against Millwall, so this is it.

Here's for 3 points today!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
New Zealand? Pah.. :lol:

Have fun and if you get a bit homesick and stressed in the first few months (its hard setting everything up and soon the feeling of being on holiday wears off) don't worry - it'll soon pass and you'll be fine...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here