Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This happened in Germany

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
It's because there's a mutual love in between some Leverkusen and Brighton fans. There were some Leverkusen at a few aways in the first PL season (think Old Trafford but I was terribly drunk). Decent lads who get on with some of our North Standers. That's all.

I heard that they suffer the same sort of homophobic abuse that comes our way and have "adopted" us as a result.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Code:
It's because there's a mutual love in between some Leverkusen and Brighton fans. There were some Leverkusen at a few aways in the first PL season (think Old Trafford but I was terribly drunk). Decent lads who get on with some of our North Standers. That's all.

Correct. I think its a bit more than a Love in. Seen them at Chelsea and United away games.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
P1050596.JPG

taken at Anfield in first season in PL. The guys had stood with me for most of the game in the aisle...

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Makes you laugh though, Germans and our other European friends are allowed massive flags in the stadia, whereas over here, they have to be attached to a wall or the size of a tea towel, not much of an identity IMO

That’s a massive generalisation to be fair, some English stadiums permit large flags amongst fans whilst others are as you describe.

Guvnor91

Nov 7, 2019
The real link between Brighton & Lev is because some Brighton fans travelled to a leverkusen away game against PSG.

The reason for this was for the Brighton fans to experience a european game and to specifically engage in some mindless violence.

Violence erupted on the metro with the Brighton risk group flying in to save the lev fans from a hiding from PSG & Kaiserslautern.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Makes you laugh though, Germans and our other European friends are allowed massive flags in the stadia, whereas over here, they have to be attached to a wall or the size of a tea towel, not much of an identity IMO

At the Albion, it’s more to do with fellow fans not liking than club not permitting. Even in the north. All you need to do is own one and boy, you wouldn’t believe the shite some people moan about even before KO. It takes organisation and a bit of balls. People in this country like a right old moan and it’s the same problem in most grounds. People want atmosphere but won’t help generate one, but stand stare and tut even if a giant flags waved and obscures their view whilst teams are coming out only. I’m not joking, that’s why we have few flags and those they we do are stuck at the back, out of view of the cameras and most fans. That’s British football for you, which is why Anfields so special (and Selhurst!)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At the Albion, it’s more to do with fellow fans not liking than club not permitting. Even in the north. All you need to do is own one and boy, you wouldn’t believe the shite some people moan about even before KO. It takes organisation and a bit of balls. People in this country like a right old moan and it’s the same problem in most grounds. People want atmosphere but won’t help generate one, but stand stare and tut even if a giant flags waved and obscures their view whilst teams are coming out only. I’m not joking, that’s why we have few flags and those they we do are stuck at the back, out of view of the cameras and most fans. That’s British football for you, which is why Anfields so special (and Selhurst!)

The football generation has changed somewhat over the years, people/fans are less tolerant of things going ons around them.
I fully accept that this racism and verbal abuse cannot be tolerated.
Even I've witnessed loud tuts and those noises that people make, (similarly to what black people make when showing disgust), when fans get up mid game to go for a wee etc, it gets like everyone starts bobbing up and down.
Different strokes I guess........

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Even I've witnessed loud tuts and those noises that people make, (similarly to what black people make when showing disgust), when fans get up mid game to go for a wee etc, it gets like everyone starts bobbing up and down.
Different strokes I guess........

I see what you did there...

arnold.jpeg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The real link between Brighton & Lev is because some Brighton fans travelled to a leverkusen away game against PSG.

The reason for this was for the Brighton fans to experience a european game and to specifically engage in some mindless violence.

Violence erupted on the metro with the Brighton risk group flying in to save the lev fans from a hiding from PSG & Kaiserslautern.

Brighton risk group?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here