Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This guy Vicente. Not good enough or not fit?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
The game had the potential of being too physical for his fragility.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This guy Vicente. Not good enough or not fit?
Have you ever seen him play?

He was on the bench, so he's obviously fit, and he'll play if the game is right. I expect Gus thought he'd bring him on for half an hour on Sunday, but when you're 3-0 up, it's not really the right game for it, so Gus brought on defensive midfielders instead.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gus doesn't put unfit players on the bench.

Clearly was meant to come on as a game changer if needed, but wasn't.

Tactics. Gus got them right.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think if we had scored again and made it 4-0 the crowd would have been treated to a 15 minutes masterclass performance. That would have really rubbed it in and made the humiliation even worse for Palace.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Gus saw how upset Ian was about his coat and decided to go easy on him for the last half hour.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spanish Dave > Vicente any day.
No he isn't. He's able to play more games, and he's versatile, but no one (in England) has the close ball control that Vicente has.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Personally I'd have loved to see Vicente dance his way around all the palace team..

But ultimately it wasn't needed

Still really hope to see him playing at least a couple of times at the Amex before the season's over

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I really wanted to see him come on and just take the chronic piss out of Palace for the final few minutes. They way we had them under the cosh I was certain we'd get a fourth with him on the pitch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Skill wise maybe not, for Brighton yes. If Poyet could offer one of them a contract at the end of the season it would be Dave.
Of course. Dave has played more, and will play more in the future. But you say Dave is better than Vicente, any day, and I disagree. And I'm not talking about Vicente's past ability, I'm talking about what he can do now when he plays. We haven't got many points with him, but football isn't that simple, and the whole team hasn't necessarily played well on the days that Vicente has played.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm sorry, but Bridcutt, Lopez, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Buckley all in the midfield...how and where would he fit? That line up was an absolute powerhouse, the chemistry was fantastic. It was so good, even Calderon started playing with a fair amount of flair towards the end.

I sure as hell hope we keep that line up for as long as they're all fit, it fit so well and was fluid as hell. It was great to watch.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm sorry, but Bridcutt, Lopez, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Buckley all in the midfield...how and where would he fit? That line up was an absolute powerhouse, the chemistry was fantastic. It was so good, even Calderon started playing with a fair amount of flair towards the end.

I sure as hell hope we keep that line up for as long as they're all fit, it fit so well and was fluid as hell. It was great to watch.

Agree. Vicente now acts as a game changer when we need that little bit of extra skill to unlock a defence late in a game. Vicente has become the ultimate luxury player for us.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Of course. Dave has played more, and will play more in the future. But you say Dave is better than Vicente, any day, and I disagree. And I'm not talking about Vicente's past ability, I'm talking about what he can do now when he plays. We haven't got many points with him, but football isn't that simple, and the whole team hasn't necessarily played well on the days that Vicente has played.

Fair enough. I'm in no way slating Vicente as a footballer but in my opinion I feel that Dave has had more on an impact when he has been playing and is exactly what we needed. Vincente, I'm not so sure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough. I'm in no way slating Vicente as a footballer but in my opinion I feel that Dave has had more on an impact when he has been playing and is exactly what we needed. Vincente, I'm not so sure.
Yep, fair enough.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If we weren't 3-0 up , we would have seen Vicente, but like has been mentioned - why risk him?

A fully fit Vicente would be starting every game - but a fully fit Vicente would be playing for one of the top clubs in Europe.

This, this and this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here