Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This great start means...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As some one pointed out in a similar thread. In the last 15 seasons in the championship, only one team have been 5 points clear after 7 matches, and a further 3 clubs were 4 points clear after 7 matches. They all went up either as champions or automatically. I'm not superstitious, I am a mathematician, statistically in all probability we will be going up this year. If we have a blip or are unlucky with injury, I think Bloom will get out his cheque book again in January. Face it, we are going up and I for one am going to enjoy every game this season in the knowledge and full expectation that it is going to end in promotion.

Come on, off the fence !

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
As some one pointed out in a similar thread. In the last 15 seasons in the championship, only one team have been 5 points clear after 7 matches, and a further 3 clubs were 4 points clear after 7 matches. They all went up either as champions or automatically. I'm not superstitious, I am a mathematician, statistically in all probability we will be going up this year. If we have a blip or are unlucky with injury, I think Bloom will get out his cheque book again in January. Face it, we are going up and I for one am going to enjoy every game this season in the knowledge and full expectation that it is going to end in promotion.
i hope youre right

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We have not won a SINGLE game in OCTOBER in the last FOUR years.

15 points from 22 games I think it is.

We'll be around 7th after October.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As some one pointed out in a similar thread. In the last 15 seasons in the championship, only one team have been 5 points clear after 7 matches, and a further 3 clubs were 4 points clear after 7 matches. They all went up either as champions or automatically. I'm not superstitious, I am a mathematician, statistically in all probability we will be going up this year.
Well you're not a very good mathematician then. I'm not here just for the insults, I will explain.

Teams that are 4 or 5 points clear after 7 matches are normally in that position because they are better than everyone else. They then get promoted because they are better than everyone else, and also have a 4 / 5 point lead. However, it is quite possible to be 5 points ahead by having a good run, and not actually being the best, and your sample of 4 teams doesn't show this. So let's look at our team - are we really the best? Probably not. Games have gone our way and we've won by the narrowest of margins each time. But don't take my word for it, there's an industry where the mathematicians and statisticians are very good - the bookies. And they'll give you 5/2 on us going up, because they don't think we will.

I will also enjoy the games.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Forget the stats. Stick to performances.

What it means is that if we keep playing this well then we have a good chance of going up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forget the stats. Stick to performances.

What it means is that if we keep playing this well then we have a good chance of going up

I am a little confused. I read your posts with interest but I have recently got the impression that you are a Chris Hughton fan/friend rather than a Brighton fan? Is that fair?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same point last season Forest 17 points from 7 games and then they went POP, which is what we will do

Feel for you Ernest. So far this season all your negative claptrap has had no chance to blossom. You had better pray for a BIG dip in form to let you get back to your negative nirvana.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Same point last season Forest 17 points from 7 games and then they went POP, which is what we will do

LUCKILY your photo does you justice--- better than your last one that made YOU look DOUR, i expect your only allowed blunt knifes in the care home

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Feel for you Ernest. So far this season all your negative claptrap has had no chance to blossom. You had better pray for a BIG dip in form to let you get back to your negative nirvana.

October is a only a WEEK away, the last time we won a LEAGUE game in October was 30/10/10. If we BEAT Cardiff I will be so EXCITED I will run NAKED onto the pitch and KISS Chris Hughton

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
...that we only need something like 1.65 points per game now to get up to around 85 points.

So basically we need to show the form of a play off fringes side for the rest of the season to be right in the mix for auto promotion at the end.

...I think!

A draw is a point. How do we get the other 0.65? Being nice to the referee?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We all know it means nothing unless we keep it going (but the team do look the business!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm very happy with the way this season is going so far.
I am delighted that we're top of the league.
Beyond that, the buzzword for the rest of the season, IMHO, is 'IF'.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Lovely stuff.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We have not won a SINGLE game in OCTOBER in the last FOUR years.

15 points from 22 games I think it is.

We'll be around 7th after October.
Records are meant to be broken.

Not sure why Brighton players cant play well in October, is it the weather, is the pitch different, do the fans not get behind the team in October, or do all other teams play a blinder against us in this month?

If I was a betting man, I would reckon that we will do better this October than the previous 4 years.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
October's fixtures are very kind this year, if we don't get at least 3 wins then we are now in a false position

3rd Cardiff H - Should win
17th Leeds A - Point at least
20th Bristol City H - Should win
24th Preston H - Should win
31st Reading A - Point at least

We have a fantastic recent record at Elland Road too, don't we?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
One game at a time. First lets keep this amazing start going. A win on Saturday is achievable and would extend this amazing start turning it into something even more incredible. Enhancing the belief in our players, manager, team and club that we could be champions!

A draw would be job very well done! Let's keep it going!

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
If we learned anything from the ancient Greeks it was to avoid hubris as it is inevitably followed by nemesis.

Bookies seem to have us finishing 3rd or 4th which would be a brilliant result given our last dismal season.

One thing we can celebrate - and agree on - is that it took until 20th December to get to 19 points last time out...

...Life is sweet!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
85 points would be enough for auto promo in only four of the past ten seasons. The points range required to exceed the second placed side has ranged from a low of 80 to a high of 94. Perhaps the easiest KPI is games won: no side that has won 26 or more in last 10 years has failed to get auto promtion. Stoke (07/08) had the fewest (21), Derby (13/14) missed out with 25. So if Albion win half the remaining games (rounded up!) promotion is guaranteed unless we have a freak season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here