This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
WHERE DOES IT SAY 1901 CLUB GET PRIORITY OVER SEASON TICKET HOLDERS FOR AWAY GAMES???

Don't understand why people are making an issue out of one that doesn't exist

That's exactly what I was going to post. It has been stated that the 1901 club get priority but not over who.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I find that REALLY hard to believe, worst case 1901 will be top priority with season ticket holders.

If you have read through the whole thread you will see a post providing visual proof from a pamphlet that 1901 members get priority for "A" listed away games. :ohmy:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you have read through the whole thread you will see a post providing visual proof from a pamphlet that 1901 members get priority for "A" listed away games. :ohmy:

Priority? Over who? Does it say priority over everyone? Or just priority ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Priority? Over who? Does it say priority over everyone? Or just priority ?

just priority , the sales pitch at the presentation infers that they will have priority over everyone else who are not 1901 members.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
just priority , the sales pitch at the presentation infers that they will have priority over everyone else who are not 1901 members.

:facepalm:

I'd be willing to put money on, that 1901 and STH's will be top of the pile, joint, rather than 1901 having priority over everyone. Just can't see it happening

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:facepalm:

I'd be willing to put money on, that 1901 and STH's will be top of the pile, joint, rather than 1901 having priority over everyone. Just can't see it happening

we'll wait and see when the shit hits the fan :lolol:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Well as a southern-based 'fan' of Newcastle Utd I've never had problems getting tickets for the London games (and their on-line system worked perfectly and allowed me to buy four tickets at a time without any bollocks about fan numbers - but that's another thread! Ditto being allowed to stand at the game!) They seemed to have a variety of schemes (Gold, then STH, then members) and I was in the bottom one but it was always ok.

I'm guessing perhaps it's because the premier league grounds are pretty big and the Newcastle allocation is always around 5-6000. And there's only so many times you want to go to places like Upton Park.

[In the interests of impartiality should say that I haven't been to a Newcastle away game for a couple of seasons and things may have changed.]

My mum & dad are STH at Chelsea. They have a very simple system for all 'priority' away games called loyalty points. Basically every time you go to a home match you get 1 point and you build up points by going to away games, euro games, cup games etc. Some of the less glamourless games get more points. For the priority matches, they set a 'loyalty' points level at which you can buy tickets, i.e. day 1 90 points, day 2 80 points, day 3 70 points etc etc. Seems to work quite well and means those that go week in week out can get tickets to all matches, regardless of their ST type, and believe me at Chelsea, they have about 10 diffferent '1901' categories at various prices.

They all also giving up their ST's this year and threatening to come with me & my 2 boys to Falmer. They are fed up with Chelsea never playing at 3pm Saturday but mostly playing Sundays or 5.30 on Saturdays!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My concern is more about the attitude of the club towards those who have supported it through thick and thin over many years. There were assurances about when prices would be announced; there were going to be "hard-hat" tours for supporters, etc. etc. Promises, promises. Parking spaces? No chance! Sadly, the focus seems to be solely on the elite who can afford to pay top whack. The mere mortals who have paid for their season tickets for year after year and those who have regularly bought match tickets over the years, suddenly find themselves at the back of the queue.
It's not our club anymore! One day we'll get relegated - will the 1901 members still be there then?

I think that's where the club have taken their eye off the ball. They've courted the 1901ers at the expense of everybody else so far. I'm sure that won't stay the case for much longer, but it could have been managed so much better to keep all the fans involved. Even the ruffians.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am pretty sure that STHs and 1901 Club Members will have equal priority to away games.

s e boy1968

Nov 9, 2010
Oh my days I honestly can't believe some of the negative comments on this site about the 1901 club.
Do people actually want this club moving forward??
I'm buying a 1901 seat for two reasons:

1- After years of supporting the club I love I would like to do it in a bit of comfort and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it.
2- Hopefully the extra income generated will enable the club, with Gus at the helm, to keep pushing up the leagues.

Before some of you ask it may be my first post on here for years but I was on the pitch against Lincoln, walked at Mellor and sat down in the Old Shoreham Road after failing to get at Bellotti.(Do I qualify to comment!!!)

There are thousands of quality seats at the Amex so do you really expect a few thousand not to be sold at a premium???

Get real boys and maybe just be pleased with what is coming our way over the next few seasons rather than worrying about the allocation of tickets for big games that won't ever happen if we sit on our arses in the lower leagues!!!

Bloom must despair sometimes :-(

Jan 30, 2008
Oh my days I honestly can't believe some of the negative comments on this site about the 1901 club.
Do people actually want this club moving forward??
I'm buying a 1901 seat for two reasons:

1- After years of supporting the club I love I would like to do it in a bit of comfort and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it.
2- Hopefully the extra income generated will enable the club, with Gus at the helm, to keep pushing up the leagues.

Before some of you ask it may be my first post on here for years but I was on the pitch against Lincoln, walked at Mellor and sat down in the Old Shoreham Road after failing to get at Bellotti.(Do I qualify to comment!!!)

There are thousands of quality seats at the Amex so do you really expect a few thousand not to be sold at a premium???

Get real boys and maybe just be pleased with what is coming our way over the next few seasons rather than worrying about the allocation of tickets for big games that won't ever happen if we sit on our arses in the lower leagues!!!

Bloom must despair sometimes :-(
a typical response from someone who's got what he wanted ???

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am pretty sure that STHs and 1901 Club Members will have equal priority to away games.

Not being paying much attention to NSC over the last few games.

But having just scanned through this thread, I would very surprised if the nicest seats give priority to away games.

Bit of a PR own goal I'd imagine.

We've done this to death on here - but the debate can change now because a loyalty system is being put in place.

I'm sure it's possible to come with a fair computation that gives a loyalty result that's based on attendance and the not the thickness of cushion under your arse.

1901 membership gives you all sorts of nice things - but priority for high profile away games it should not.

Increasing the membership could backfire "politically" if not financially, since it increases the chances of corporate seats not being taken. I can already imagine the treads on here if there are large holes in that area.

Difficult one.

Inevitably - season ticket holders will want to be first in the queue, but as one I haven't got a particular problem with someone who has bought three non season tickets in a row being classed the same as me after three games.

I do have to draw the line with the "I only go to away games..." crowd though. I know some people living fair away do that out of necessity, but loyalty really needs to be weighted favourably for home games.

I have no problem with money spent at the shop (up to a limit) also going towards your loyalty points i.e. 1 shirt = 1 game etc...

I wonder whether the club have thought of being able to cash in loyalty points for a discount at certain games ?

Last edited:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I'm sure it's possible to come with a fair computation that gives a loyalty result that's based on attendance and the not the thickness of cushion under your arse.

1901 membership gives you all sorts of nice things - but priority for high profile away games it should not.

Exactly.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There seems to be a very precious attitude amongst a lot of BHA fans..i.e
1) We have supported the club through all the lean times, sat in the wind and rain at Withdean and now are not getting priority at Falmer.
2 ) We have been season ticket holders for x number of years and should be first in the queue.
3) Other fans, paying more money shouldn't get priority on certain away games.
FFS.....We are just paying customers, bums on seats, faceless names on a database.
This is a business and those who can afford it get first pick. Thats how life works. Money opens every door in the world.
I have supported the club for 45 years, had season tickets at the Goldstone and have at Withdean but am not a 1901 member. Why ? Because at the moment I can't afford it. I could have done 5 years ago ( I could have bought 20 seats in the 1901 ) but everyones circumstances change. Yes, I would buy into the 1901 if I could afford it but I can't. I'm not getting worked up about it, just waiting for my time in the queue.
These fans who expect prime seats on the half way-line are deluding themselves. To secure those seats needed upfront investment and if you haven't got it...tough!...you'll have to wait with the rest of us.
The 1901 club doesn't bother me at all....good luck to them...if I had the money, I would have joined them. Reading all this bollocks about them and us is just plain immaturity. People on here are just not being honest. There is too much resentment and envy and fans have to face up to the fact that there is no divine right to sit anywhere in a new stadium.
Just be grateful for Falmer, you will get a seat and you will end up wondering what all the fuss was about.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To summarise:

1: We have been homeless for the last 14 years
2: We have a £91 million stadium due to open next year that will make us the envy of many league clubs, and no debt.
3: People are still whining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports