Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
about £1 a ticket! big contribution. compare that to fans who have paid £400ish every year for the last 10 years or so.

Even if its only £1 a ticket its a £1 more than some idiots are saying that we've contributed nothing financially to the club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the only losers in the 1901 priority scandal are the normal season ticket holders, who instead of being at the front of the queue are now second in the queue. To all us 'non' season ticket holders nothing much has changed, we're still at the back of the queue.

I expect this has already been covered in the previous 400 posts on this thread. There is always the home end :wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on buddy! it's not really much of an argument is it. a club pen probably costs about £6 in the club shop.

over the last 10 years though I've probably been to about 80 away games and 3 home games.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the only losers in the 1901 priority scandal are the normal season ticket holders, who instead of being at the front of the queue are now second in the queue. To all us 'non' season ticket holders nothing much has changed, we're still at the back of the queue.

I expect this has already been covered in the previous 400 posts on this thread. There is always the home end :wink:

Still at the back of the queue , with 15,000+ in front of us :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
15,000 includes the 1901 club. Don't forget this is the target! As it stands right now, we cannot get 7,000 BHA fans into Withdean. The present 5,000 STH at Withdean will need to increase by 10,000. Most unlikely unless we are pushing for the Premiership.

Also the 2,500 away fans will not be filled except rare big games. Again some of the away end can be used for Albion fans if needed.

There will be plenty of tickets for us all.
I will have a £20 bet with you which the winner will donate to REMF fund that Brighton fc WILL sell 10000 normal season tickets regardless what division we are in.
If the loser fails to pay up then they should be banned for life on here and shamed.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
STHs seemed perfectly happy with a hierarchal system when they were top dog.

This.

I haven't got the inclination to read the entire thread but I'm guessing this is the gist. Even money says Beach Hut has thrown his toys out if the pram at some stage.

I'm pretty sure STHs biggest beef was that because they were putting money into the club up front and at the start if the season, they were somehow entitled to AWAY tickets. Surely Platinum club members are putting MORE money into the club, so by their rules they should take priority?

By no means do I agree with this, not being either a STH or prospective Platinum club member, but I find the indignity of STHs hard to swallow when it was pretty much a "f*** everyone else" attitude when it came to away priority.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I've been a pretty disinterested observer of this but when I had a season ticket for the Goldstone North Stand pretty much the only reason I had a season ticket was to get priority for cup games and away games.

If I were a STH now (which I'm not) I would feel miffed about there being two classes of STHs depending on how much you had paid for it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Even money says Beach Hut has thrown his toys out if the pram at some stage.

To be fair, he does bring his lads (Mini Hut, Minor Hut, Junior Hut, Pizza Hut and Jabba the Hut) to matches, and therefore spends a lot of wonga with the Albion.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
To be fair, he does bring his lads (Mini Hut, Minor Hut, Junior Hut, Pizza Hut and Jabba the Hut) to matches, and therefore spends a lot of wonga with the Albion.

So do a lot of other people, but they don't expect to be treated like the pope.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
come on buddy! it's not really much of an argument is it. a club pen probably costs about £6 in the club shop.

Is it..£6 that is a fooking disgrace. this club is going to the dogs...its all corporate, how can we fleece people? I look back on fondness when we could talk to the board, Dick, martin etc...now you don't even get a sly wink from Bloom.

It'll all end in tears!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I will have a £20 bet with you which the winner will donate to REMF fund that Brighton fc WILL sell 10000 normal season tickets regardless what division we are in.
If the loser fails to pay up then they should be banned for life on here and shamed.

Spooky. And worrying. I was going to have a bet with him yesterday, but decided to hold off.

I had one extra condition - during the lifetime of the wager, he stops his grizzling about ticket sales. Failure to do so would forfeit the bet.

I was also going to make it £25.00 for 14,000 STH sales. :eek:

But I won't - the wager's yours.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Does it matter if they are Palace/Utd/Leeds fans?? If they have helped put the 2 mill in the bank and a guaranteed 2 mill a year for the next 5 years I honestly don't care if they read a book through every game.

Would people rather have the money and a few empty seats or a ram packed 5000 seater stadium.

If it bothers you that much you can have my away seats... Unless we play Crewe, Stoke or Shrewsbury of course.

Ahem, shotgun.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
1901 Priority - what about all the exiles

Just a thought:
There are hundreds of Albion exiles (possibly thousands) who have supported our club through thick and thin often - some for many for decades (in my case since 1967).
Through chance of we now live too far away or have other commitments to be regular season ticket holders at Withdean of Falmer and certainly not 1901 members.
But we attend dozens and hundreds of away games in the pouring rain at shit holes like Grimsby or Cheaterfield or wind-torn wastelands like Carlisle etc etc). In addition many of these fans were the backbone of the club during the last 13 years and helped ramp up events such as National Falmer Day, Valentine Card for Prescott, Parading the We Want Falmer banner at other clubs etc etc. Many also helped with fund raising (such as Alive and Kicking) during the very lean years....
So my question is simple: with all the priority for AWAY tickets going to the 1901 members, are the Albion exile away supporters now second class fans and conveniently forgotten about?
Just a thought!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought everyone demonstrated to keep the club alive rather than to get 1st dibs on anything going even if they don't live locally anymore. Do you seriously think the club should hold back away tickets for fans who went on marches etc but won't even be buying a season ticket at Falmer.

Come on OTLW this is a wind up, right?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Just a thought:
There are hundreds of Albion exiles (possibly thousands) who have supported our club through thick and thin often - some for many for decades (in my case since 1967).
Through chance of we now live too far away or have other commitments to be regular season ticket holders at Withdean of Falmer and certainly not 1901 members.
But we attend dozens and hundreds of away games in the pouring rain at shit holes like Grimsby or Cheaterfield or wind-torn wastelands like Carlisle etc etc). In addition many of these fans were the backbone of the club during the last 13 years and helped ramp up events such as National Falmer Day, Valentine Card for Prescott, Parading the We Want Falmer banner at other clubs etc etc. Many also helped with fund raising (such as Alive and Kicking) during the very lean years....
So my question is simple: with all the priority for AWAY tickets going to the 1901 members, are the Albion exile away supporters now second class fans and conveniently forgotten about?
Just a thought!

But anyone who is not a STH is lower down the priority list for 'Big Demand' away games anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here