Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

I'm sorry - I read this a lot from various posters, and it doesn't make sense.

Is there any evidence that there is anyone who has signed up for the 1901 Club that is not an Albion fan? Or that they don't go to away games? Why would anyone who is not an Albion fan RUSH to the head of the queue and cough up a over a grand a year on a Third Division team they don't support?

I don't get it.

Well Wembley has the Club Wembley - middle tier seats. very rarely occupied for games other than Cup Finals and MAJOR internationals

And they are still available - can be bouight in batches of 8, 12 or 20 seats

STARTING AT £81,705 per year:nono::eek: for 3-10 years......

Might explain why they are so rarely filled

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As long as I get to watch my team, I'm not really bothered what anyone else is doing. Its all flim flam.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm sorry - I read this a lot from various posters, and it doesn't make sense.

Is there any evidence that there is anyone who has signed up for the 1901 Club that is not an Albion fan? Or that they don't go to away games? Why would anyone who is not an Albion fan RUSH to the head of the queue and cough up a over a grand a year on a Third Division team they don't support?

I don't get it.

I for one know at least 15 people where this is the case, whom have between them probably been to 10 games at Withdean, if that.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The way I look at is is that:

a) There will be MORE than enough room for everyone.
b) You will get a good view from any seat in the stadium.
c) If some band wagon-jumping mug has got a bit excited and pumped a few quid into the coffers, all the better.

QED.........End of......

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
But do they consider themselves Brighton fans?

Didnt every time I spoke to them.
5 of them I played football with every Sunday, and they wouldnt ever know anything about the Albion, wouldnt ever know the result from the day before, and even refused free tickets when I offered them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I for one know at least 15 people where this is the case, whom have between them probably been to 10 games at Withdean, if that.

5 of them I played football with every Sunday, and they wouldnt ever know anything about the Albion, wouldnt ever know the result from the day before, and even refused free tickets when I offered them.

These sound like very, very unusual people. Prepared to cough the best part of £6000 minimum, to watch a 3rd division team. Are you sure, 15 people? It just sounds incongruous to me, why would any sane person do that?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly - I'm fed up with the assumption that 1901 members are corporate - they are not. I for one am simply a home and away supporter who is lucky enough to be able to afford a gold membership for a season or two or...more.

Me too. Am currently a STH in the South stand, so will be relieved to be out of the elements!

However, I do believe that STH should have the same booking rights as 1901 for away games. In the main there should always be enough seats to go round in any case.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Which is the whole point of the thread! You may not be able to watch your team AWAY at the really big games because the 1901 get first dibs.
Oh I expect I'll find a way. I usually do:thumbsup:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is it priority over everyone, priority over everyone bar those with a certain loyalty level, priority over everyone bar other season ticket holders. A statement on this would be welcome to allay concerns.

We haven't finalised any plans for ticketing policy from next season
How can they give out a statement beforehand?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This sounds encouraging, but it doesn't answer the central question of what this priority for 1901 members is.

Is it priority over everyone, priority over everyone bar those with a certain loyalty level, priority over everyone bar other season ticket holders. A statement on this would be welcome to allay concerns.

I really can't see it being anything other than, priority with STH, over everyone else

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country

Does it matter if they are Palace/Utd/Leeds fans?? If they have helped put the 2 mill in the bank and a guaranteed 2 mill a year for the next 5 years I honestly don't care if they read a book through every game.

Would people rather have the money and a few empty seats or a ram packed 5000 seater stadium.

If it bothers you that much you can have my away seats... Unless we play Crewe, Stoke or Shrewsbury of course.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The loyalty scheme might help us plebs who are not 1901 members or STH's because we live beyond civilisation. So all this bollocks about fans who only go to away games not contributing to the club financially is a load of old shite because if we book online the club gets a commission from the away club.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The loyalty scheme might help us plebs who are not 1901 members or STH's because we live beyond civilisation. So all this bollocks about fans who only go to away games not contributing to the club financially is a load of old shite because if we book online the club gets a commission from the away club.

yes but be honest every game north of Watford is a home game for you :lolol:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

about £1 a ticket! big contribution. compare that to fans who have paid £400ish every year for the last 10 years or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here