This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps they're selling SO MANY 1901 memberships that its enabling them to SLASH the prices on normal season tickets. They're just in the process of working out exactly how much cheaper they can make it for everyone else.

Yes, thats what'll be happening.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps they're selling SO MANY 1901 memberships that its enabling them to SLASH the prices on normal season tickets. They're just in the process of working out exactly how much cheaper they can make it for everyone else.

I think you could be right.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

I can see that point but i doubt that will be the case.The club are on a roll and there's a huge demand for tickets so why the need to slash them?
I can't see it myself and there's a huge debt to be repaid to Mr Bloom.The sooner the better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did have my "ideal world" hat on there.

What is probably happening is that as they increase the number of 1901's, there will be fewer normal season tickets available. Supply and demand will dictate that they can RAMP the prices up even further for them.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I did have my "ideal world" hat on there.

What is probably happening is that as they increase the number of 1901's, there will be fewer normal season tickets available. Supply and demand will dictate that they can RAMP the prices up even further for them.

I would be very surprised if the cheapest adult season ticket is under £380

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
We all ready accept a hierarchal structure for away games with STH/Gold members at the top. So this argument is about the rearrangement of the structure not the principal.
You can make a case that those who provide the most money should be on top or you argue the cause that the most loyal supporters being the most deserving. I am independent, both a 1901 member and a dedicated away traveller so either way I am OK but I would point out that the 1901 was sold with the promise of priority for aways and I think it will be difficult for the club to go back on that.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We all ready accept a hierarchal structure for away games with STH/Gold members at the top. So this argument is about the rearrangement of the structure not the principal.
You can make a case that those who provide the most money should be on top or you argue the cause that the most loyal supporters being the most deserving. I am independent, both a 1901 member and a dedicated away traveller so either way I am OK but I would point out that the 1901 was sold with the promise of priority for aways and I think it will be difficult for the club to go back on that.

that's been my point all along. Slight miscalculation by the club.

Jan 30, 2008

bollocks and you know it :facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why is everyone so shocked at the revelation that "the more money you pay, the further up the priority list you go."?

Even if you didn't know that was the way of the world, surely the 3 tiers of membership was the time you realised.

If 1901 Members are paying more money into our club, then I would expect to see them getting more out of it than those of us who don't. Why the sudden outcry? Or do people cry out the moment the additional cost to have that priority moves out of their reach. Don't care until the moment YOU can't afford to be a priority.

Just seems the natural order of things to me. Football isn't a charity, they have to make money, unless we want to just chase a dream without the money to pay for it a la Pompey.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
As I recall, the original plan was to be flogging the 1901 memberships until June 2011. They have clearly understimated the demand and are now having to rethink thie rplans on the hoof. That's fine as long as it's being done in the long term interest of the club, which I'm sure it is.

Absolutely. And if BoF's calculations are correct, then the 1901 club will pay for just over 1/47h of the stadium in a very short amount of time. :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Absolutely. And if BoF's calculations are correct, then the 1901 club will pay for just over 1/47h of the stadium in a very short amount of time. :clap2:

That is just the extra 400.

If there are 2,500 1901 seats. Surely that is a minimum of...

2,500 * £75 * 12months * 5 years = £11,250,000

2,500 * £500 fee for the five year license = £1,250,000

A minimum of £12,500,000 income over 5 years from the 1901 club.

Assuming everyone went for a 5 year license and a £75 a month contract.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing. Nine months before the first home league game, and maybe we need a rebrand already. The 1901 name is tainted, and dripping with elitism. It's like Ratners or Group 4, change it NOW before it's too late.

:wink:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Why is everyone so shocked at the revelation that "the more money you pay, the further up the priority list you go."?

Even if you didn't know that was the way of the world, surely the 3 tiers of membership was the time you realised.

If 1901 Members are paying more money into our club, then I would expect to see them getting more out of it than those of us who don't. Why the sudden outcry? Or do people cry out the moment the additional cost to have that priority moves out of their reach. Don't care until the moment YOU can't afford to be a priority.

Just seems the natural order of things to me. Football isn't a charity, they have to make money, unless we want to just chase a dream without the money to pay for it a la Pompey.

Not quite the case though, is it. Currently, all season ticket holders get the same rights for away matches, even though the ticket prices are quite different for different parts of the ground. I has always been the case that all STH are treated equally, whatever price id paid, and the 1901 club members should be no different. They have paid for better facilities at Falmer, access to parking space, match programme the opportunity for networking, etc, but for away games, they should be in the same rank as all other STH.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not quite the case though, is it. Currently, all season ticket holders get the same rights for away matches, even though the ticket prices are quite different for different parts of the ground. I has always been the case that all STH are treated equally, whatever price id paid, and the 1901 club members should be no different. They have paid for better facilities at Falmer, access to parking space, match programme the opportunity for networking, etc, but for away games, they should be in the same rank as all other STH.

But all those season tickets were for one year. 1901 are making a minimum five year promise/investment in the club, which makes them more than just another season ticket holder.

onehanded

Oct 22, 2010
If people want to spend money on 1901 club then we should welcome it, as this money will be spend on new players and extending the ground to a full 32,000. They must have some perks if they are paying over £800 a season PLUS money upfront for 5 year deal. Many won't travel away and bigger grounds in the championship, average away ends over 3,000

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The current hospitality people where ahead of normal STH for the Villa game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If people want to spend money on 1901 club then we should welcome it, as this money will be spend on new players and extending the ground to a full 32,000. They must have some perks if they are paying over £800 a season PLUS money upfront for 5 year deal. Many won't travel away and bigger grounds in the championship, average away ends over 3,000

but there are quite a lot perks already, does seem (if true) very strange to lump in priority to (some) away game into the bargain

onehanded

Oct 22, 2010
1901 members will get a % of away tickets only, as will normal STH, as will blue members. No panic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports