This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
welcome new fans but not at the expense of me unable to get a ticket for any decent away trip:tantrum:

Calm down, calm down.

That just goes hand in hand with being part of a bigger club. One day we'll perhaps get a "BIG" away trip where the away allocation is less than our number of STHs.

What do you propose is the answer then?

For many years we've been small enough that if you want to go to a game, you just go. Almost the old joke about "What time's kick-off? "What time can you get here?" But if we want more than that for our club, then the flip side is the demand for tickets is greater, and you my friend are one of a growing number chasing the same number of away tickets. Everyone else can't build a bigger away end because Brightons support is getting larger.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think it's head out of backside time. Come one, come all, if we want to get anywhere, we need more fans, and perhaps we should be a little bit more welcoming. If someone chooses to support the Albion, then they are alright by me.

I agree with the sentiment. We need more than double the average crowd we get now so that would include old friends who come back, new generations and also some new to albion people. I know of parents of my sons friends who would never take their kids to withdean but will go to falmer. That's 3 or 4 people who are new to the albion each time.

However some of the utterings (albeit in jest) about Ruffians and the delay in season ticket prices (understand we may have to wait to get the new ways to pay implemented but knowing what it will cost would be good) don't help the harmonious nature needed in these circumstances.

It was interesting to hear about the 'themed' restaurant now planned for the east stand. This kind of news is good and that's the kind of things that people want to know about. I like the idea of a family restaurant (maybe something like a frankie and bennys in terms of food choice and price) where I can go with my kids before the game (or after) and extend the match day experience.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
There should be an away season ticket - open to all Season Ticket holders. Therefore the people who go to the vast majority of games will not lose out

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There should be an away season ticket - open to all Season Ticket holders. Therefore the people who go to the vast majority of games will not lose out

How would that work, with different clubs charging different prices ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Would that mean that you can't get an away ticket if you haven't got one of these 'away season tickets'

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Would that mean that you can't get an away ticket if you haven't got one of these 'away season tickets'

Im sure that there are some people who go to every game and therefore should get first dibs in the way of a guaranteed ticket. Not everyone will want to or be able to afford it but some will. The rest should go on some sort of loyalty plan.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You pay a £10 per game fee up front and pay the rest when the tickets go on sale?
- just an idea really i think quite a few clubs have something like it

I've heard of an away card register but not that.

£10 to join and then then pay for tickets if they come up.

But how do you monitor who goes away. You could join up and only go to the big away games

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
What an absolute bin-fest over something that we don't even know is true yet!! How about we just wait until the new year when the season ticket details are released for us 'average' fans and see the situation, rather then arguing over speculation and half truths?

I think a lot of you on here need to be a bit more thankful at the fact we've even got a ground, its odd because most on here saw the goldstone days, i was to young but surely u lot who saw those days should be the ones most thankful to have a ground to be playing in rather then sitting on here having a full on moan up on something thats pure speculation....

P.S if the 1901 club does have priority over season ticket holders for away games then i can see why'd you be in uproar but until we officially find out why sit their talking gok gwann with elton jon!

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
I don't disagree with any of what you say here Rob, but I do wish bog-standard season tickets had been made available shortly after 1901 prices.

You said it yourself, you pays your money, you take your choice. However, as things stand, that really isn't the case. It's more a case of "you pays top dollar if you can afford it, you take what's left if you can't, and at a time convenient to us".

I don't believe this binfest is all over impatience. We're in NOVEMBER FFS. When do we usually get told ST prices? July, August? Yes, its not a usual season, but really? I think its mainly about prioritising of away ticket allocation, which personally I think is a lot of fuss over nothing, seeing as it might apply to only a few games.

I think BoF hit the nail on the head here. I think the club fully expected to announce them by now (hence the moving announcement date), but the success of the 1901 club has taken them by surprise. They have a HUGE investment to recoup and see the potential of extending a good money earner even further. I reckon they are withholding annoucing ST prices until they have fully sold the 1901 allocations. Very sensible marketing in my eyes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Besides, we are able to expand the stadium (assuming planning permission is granted) at some point. Why not maximise our income now? If there is a demand for 1901, then we would be foolish to turn down a guaranteed £500/£1000 and minimum of £75 for a minimum period of 5 years.

£2,000,000 over a period of 5 years (assuming everyone opts for the cheapest option and the contracts last for the duration).

That is a huge amount of money for the club. After decades of losses, we would be foolish to turn that down.

I don't see the problem in waiting for the season ticket prices. They are going to come eventually. I'd rather the club worked at this and delayed things if they feel it is necessary as opposed to just throwing some prices out to make the rest of us feel needed or wanted.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Some answers in ATC make for better reading, including loyalty schemes amongst other things. Oh, but you'll have to buy your tickets to away games in advance, no leaving it to the last minute and going POTG.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So if we could sell the whole stadium in this way, we should?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if we could sell the whole stadium in this way, we should?

If all the Albion exists for is to make money, then yes.

But if the Albion truley is a "community" club, and playing in the "community" stadium, then no. Football is for the people, and ordinairy fans should not be priced out of continuing to support their local team.

The Bayern Munich philosophy should prevail.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As I recall, the original plan was to be flogging the 1901 memberships until June 2011. They have clearly understimated the demand and are now having to rethink thie rplans on the hoof. That's fine as long as it's being done in the long term interest of the club, which I'm sure it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports