Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is a cracking buy for anyone that owns their own business for all the reasons that you state. If you own your own business you'd almost be a fool not to do it when compared to the average season ticket.

and will you buy your away tickets out of company money? and your petrol for travelling to matches? Sometimes I wonder if it's more about not spending your own money (not a dig at long standing fans I hasten to add)

This is why 1901 seats will be empty if we are home to Scunthorpe, Dagenham, etc on a wet and cold November evening.

will there be as many free loaders in the 1901 club as long standing fans?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Presumably if you are in the 1901 club you have a smart card to can lend it to someone else if you can't go.

Or do you have to show the tattoo as well they make you have as proof ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope not - I had mine done on my left boob! Hate to have to flop that out each week - I might get a black eye!

Oh I don't know, just out of interest what time are you planning to get to home games at the Amex :wink:

D

Deleted User X18H

Presumably if you are in the 1901 club you have a smart card to can lend it to someone else if you can't go.

Or do you have to show the tattoo as well they make you have as proof ?

You can lend your card to who you wish.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
and will you buy your away tickets out of company money? and your petrol for travelling to matches? Sometimes I wonder if it's more about not spending your own money (not a dig at long standing fans I hasten to add)

This is why 1901 seats will be empty if we are home to Scunthorpe, Dagenham, etc on a wet and cold November evening.

will there be as many free loaders in the 1901 club as long standing fans?

I bought my tickets myself and they're in my name as I didn't want others trying to freeload them but I expect others have put them through their their company as a business expense.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If you flop one out, there'll be a lot more paying attention.

Luckily I'm in the 1902 club and have my own turnstile. Along with my own lemonade stand and warmed seat with knitting holder. I get sushi at halftime too and first dibs at any celery going round. I also get a parking spot with a socket for my electric go-go mobile...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just taken my youngest to a party and got chatting to one of the dads.His (small) firm have purchased 4 1901 tickets to entertain clients.I wonder how many of the 1901 tickets are going to be used in this way?.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just taken my youngest to a party and got chatting to one of the dads.His (small) firm have purchased 4 1901 tickets to entertain clients.I wonder how many of the 1901 tickets are going to be used in this way?.

I would imagine quite a few therefore unlikely they would be interested in away tickets.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

I should think a lot have - that is the whole point of Friends of the Albion and the 1901 club!

And its why many 1901 allocation WON"T be going to away matches !

Mind you it does look as though lots of real fans have bought in to the 1901 thing - presumably to ensure they get seats at Falmer

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
When the 1901 club was launched it sounded like better seats and a fancy match-day experience at Falmer for those who could afford it - fair enough I thought, I'd like some of that occasionally if I can.

Now its starting to sound like 1901 holders are going to be treated as 'better fans', and get priorities over others. Apparently the rest of us are 'ruffians'. It wasn't supposed to be like this?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
When the 1901 club was launched it sounded like better seats and a fancy match-day experience at Falmer for those who could afford it - fair enough I thought, I'd like some of that occasionally if I can.

Now its starting to sound like 1901 holders are going to be treated as 'better fans', and get priorities over others. Apparently the rest of us are 'ruffians'. It wasn't supposed to be like this?

So how would that work then? You decide at 12pm Saturday you fancy a three course meal at the ground today and a private bar? I know I will just pop in to the 1901 club and do it but next week I won't bother!

Get real

i did warn you guys:facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Next season if we get an away game in the 3rd round of the FA Cup at one of the Premier top 6 then it will be certain that virtually all 1901 members will apply for tickets even if they're not going as they will pass them on to family , friends or business contacts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here