Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

Jimmy Grimble

Anything but a loyalty points system would be a joke.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I purchased a Withdean Waver as well and had at least hoped for a much better deal this time round however no such thoughts from the club.

But you are jumping the gun, no final decision has been made yet.

Perhaps they will make x% of tickets available to 1901, the remainder go into a ballot for STH, and if any left over then to blue, white etc.

Why don't we just calm down, I am confident that if the Albion are promoted, anyone who wants to go to Middlesboro and Barnsley next season will get a ticket (unless it is final day of season and we need a point for relegation/promotion/playoff etc).

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
My personal take is that if we get all these extra 1901 seats and the incresed revenue then the money and demand to expand the stadium will be clearly there for all (including Brighton & Hove council)

As long as the transport infastructure holds up and the demand is there (which is looking very likely) then hopefully at the end of the first season we might see corners being filled and a second tier for the east stand?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Bollocks to it. Im getting my withdean pro rata ticket tommorrow.

To ensure that:
A) I get to pick my seat in the North Stand before they go on general sale and the binfest begins.

B) Im next in line for high profile away games after the prawn munching brigade. Needs must.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
My personal take is that if we get all these extra 1901 seats and the incresed revenue then the money and demand to expand the stadium will be clearly there for all (including Brighton & Hove council)

As long as the transport infastructure holds up and the demand is there (which is looking very likely) then hopefully at the end of the first season we might see corners being filled and a second tier for the east stand?

That is what I said earlier. Demand is going through the roof, now. Never a better time to do it. :thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
That is what I said earlier. Demand is going through the roof, now. Never a better time to do it. :thumbsup:

Sorry missed your post in amongst the binfest.

I think this is a massive opportunity for the club to push forward. Never have I enjoyed being a fan so much, Great manager. Great team (ok could do with strength in depth). Stadium just months away and sitting pretty 8 points clear.

Hopefully the money from the extra 1901 seats will help with the costs of upping the capacity planning etc for a start!!!

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Can someone actually point to a statement or brochure FROM THE CLUB where it actually states that 1901 members get priority OVER season ticket holders?

This is from the 1901 powerpoint presentation:

In my book, "priority tickets" means you get priority over someone else. If I'd bought one of these and then the club said that only SOME 1901 people get priority or that 1901 club AND season ticket holders get priority - that's not priority and I'd be very hacked off.

Attachments

• 1901.JPG
    1901.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This is from the 1901 powerpoint presentation:

In my book, "priority tickets" means you get priority over someone else. If I'd bought one of these and then the club said that only SOME 1901 people get priority or that 1901 club AND season ticket holders get priority - that's not priority and I'd be very hacked off.

It says 'priority booking for A list away games'.

So it will all depend on what they define as 'A list'

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I dont care. I love this club. I trust the people at the club and i just want to be at home. I understand people that have issues with the 1901 club but they are just another (and not the last) way of making money. The board are not keeping the dream alive..... THEY ARE MAKING THEM.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I don't understand why normal ST's aren't on sale yet either. Of course the club will have made money from the initial allocation but you have to appreciate the business need to attempt to get more out of the 1901 club given its initial success. Surely thats good business sense?

Do you think though that we will go from Withdean (8k), to filling Falmer in one step though (approx 22.5k)?

YES:rolleyes:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes,... that was always on the cards for the forst 2 seasons more or less,.... I suspect though that large gaps will be seen in the mid sections of the ground, before, during and usually well after half time, resulting in a reduction in atmosphere....... sad really.

Al four of us will be there at the start and end of every half don't worry about that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But you are jumping the gun, no final decision has been made yet.

Perhaps they will make x% of tickets available to 1901, the remainder go into a ballot for STH, and if any left over then to blue, white etc.

Why don't we just calm down, I am confident that if the Albion are promoted, anyone who wants to go to Middlesboro and Barnsley next season will get a ticket (unless it is final day of season and we need a point for relegation/promotion/playoff etc).

Why am I jumping the gun ?

I expected a decent offer for the last season at Withdean as I purchased that ticket as the last two year season at Withdean as it was marketed as and clearly it wasn't.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I've gone 1901 for the following reasons:
£1000 plus vat- I can claim the vat back
£76 plus vat - i can claim the vat back.

The money comes out of my company therefore reducing my personal tax bill if say, we have 2 games per week and prices are £30 per game i'd be paying £60 on that £60 my tax would be (as a lower rate earner) 20% and Ni 11%=31% so id have to earn £98 so for me the 1901 option is cheaper and i will make a noise and hate palace as much as ever and as a mate who has bought a seat next to me i can take a mate or my kid with me when he can't go and vica versa.

ps i run a little decorating company.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Three reasons in answer to the question - why is the 7Ws Club (1901) causing a binfest?

First, it's "corporate" in the way it's being done, even though clearly lots of 1901-ers are real, long-term supporters. I've seen people on here (and heard a friend) say that one factor in joining is that it's an "investment". Sorry - to me this sounds like the All England Club Wimbledon tennis debentures, not buying a glorified season ticket to the Albion.

Second, as stated above, is the fact that it's been so widely publicised, for so long, while the details for normal STs get delayed more and more. If we'd had the normal ST details two months ago, there would be much less of a binfest, I'm sure.

Third, the A-list away game priority. No need to add to what's been posted above on this.

It strikes me that some of this will pass with time, and some won't. This is partly about what our club will be like. And the recent history of this club means that loads of us feel we have a legitimate stake in this: we expect the Albion to be run with values at its heart that we have learned through years of struggle (writing, marching, learning about planning law, giving our hard-earned to Bury FC because they were in a similar position to us, etc, etc). It's difficult to identify what these values are, but we know when something doesn't feel right. And for the reasons stated above, the 1901 Club doesn't quite feel right.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

The money comes out of my company therefore reducing my personal tax bill if say, we have 2 games per week and prices are £30 per game i'd be paying £60 on that £60 my tax would be (as a lower rate earner) 20% and Ni 11%=31% so id have to earn £98 so for me the 1901 option is cheaper and i will make a noise and hate palace as much as ever and as a mate who has bought a seat next to me i can take a mate or my kid with me when he can't go and vica versa.

i think you've just declared a benefit in kind, therefore taxable!!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
This first season was always going to be a binfest and as I said earlier there are goint to be gripes all the way along the line.

also doesn't away allocation depend on several factors

How many tickets they actually want to give to away fans

How many fans the police want there

How many tickets the away club actually apply for

and How much the tickets cost because the club have to pay for ALL tickets applied for so some clubs don't always take the full allocation in case they don't sell

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
It doesnt feel right because a non 1901 Albion fan could have attended every away game of the season and Brighton then make the play-offs hypothetically. Our away fixture just happens to be against a side whom have a 2000 away allocation. Oh but hang on, we'll upgrade this to an A list fixture. So sod all those fans who have spent 9 months travelling up and down the country spending well in excess of what a 1901 member would have done in a season. We'll let the prawn munching brigade take the majority if not all of the allocation.

I exclude genuine Albion fans from this because i know i number of you have opted for this luxury. Again its the privileges instantly given to your johnny come latelys that has pissed people off.

The club really need to come forward on this and make some sort of statement. Presumbly with the new offer of pro rata tickets purchased before 30th Nov giving fans a better position in the queue for Falmer, we will probably not be hearing anything before then.

The club really have dropped a bollock on this one im afraid

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

It is a cracking buy for anyone that owns their own business for all the reasons that you state. If you own your own business you'd almost be a fool not to do it when compared to the average season ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here