Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Drift Towards Resentment Of The 1901 Club

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can I ask, those that are complaining are you likely to be casual attendees, or season ticket holders? And if season ticket, what is the maximum you'd be prepared to spend ?

£500 top whack!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got to go now, but my point is, if the rumours are true and season tickets will be priced between £300-£600, I'd suggest that these extra seats have come out of the allocation for higher priced tickets, rather than the 'cheaper' ones.

Something to think about really, I just think people are going over the top.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't understand why normal ST's aren't on sale yet either. Of course the club will have made money from the initial allocation but you have to appreciate the business need to attempt to get more out of the 1901 club given its initial success. Surely thats good business sense?

Do you think though that we will go from Withdean (8k), to filling Falmer in one step though (approx 22.5k)?

The reason the announcement on prices hasn't been made yet is down to success on the pitch. On one hand we could have the most expensive ST's in League 1 or reasonably priced ST's in the Championship. The longer the club leave it means they can adjust upwards if they think there will be a scramble for Falmer season tickets.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think when people saw the plans for Falmer and the first pictures of it lots of current long term season tickets would have earmarked the middle tier in the west stand. Then the club said this was going corporate, fair enough. So back of the lower tier then near the dig outs? No that's corporate as well. So for many months people will be targeting half way in the East Stand. Nope they've gone now. I think people who have been season ticket holders through all of the dark days deserve better.

Excellent points, all well made.

Falmer For All?

Well, no, Not really.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I think people are always going to find something to moan about (what about those of us who can't afford season tickets and are going to find it much harder to get tickets to games when we can afford it due to the number of season tickets?). However the club could certainly have been clearer about where the extra 1901 seats are being taken from- when I 1st read it I though they were going to be completly new seats that weren't anywhere in the plans but I'm guessing I was the only 1 who read it like that?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The reason the announcement on prices hasn't been made yet is down to success on the pitch. On one hand we could have the most expensive ST's in League 1 or reasonably priced ST's in the Championship. The longer the club leave it means they can adjust upwards if they think there will be a scramble for Falmer season tickets.

There's a recession on.

The club should not assume that there will be a lemming-like rush for STs.

After the novelty of the first few games has worn off there will be thousands of tickets bookable for bread n butter games.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
.......if members of the 1901 club ,by their patronage help finance that player we all will enjoy watching then thats good enough for me !

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can I ask, those that are complaining are you likely to be casual attendees, or season ticket holders? And if season ticket, what is the maximum you'd be prepared to spend ?
I'm intending to buy a season ticket as I have at Withdean, I wouldn't want to pay significantly more than I do now. I know Bloom has put his hand in his pocket big style but still 15k STHs at Withdean prices is going to be a decent earner surely.

I don't understand why normal ST's aren't on sale yet either. Of course the club will have made money from the initial allocation but you have to appreciate the business need to attempt to get more out of the 1901 club given its initial success. Surely thats good business sense?
Good business sense would be to not put all their eggs in one basket and squeeze out or alienate other possible revenue streams (fans). As Tom Hark has pointed out a couple of dodgy seasons and the 1901 club might start to look a bit barer.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Even if prices are frozen and we go up we'll still be among the most expensive in the league.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Good business sense would be to not put all their eggs in one basket and squeeze out or alienate other possible revenue streams (fans). As Tom Hark has pointed out a couple of dodgy seasons and the 1901 club might start to look a bit barer.

Not for at least five seasons, its all about the contract and the seat investment.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Corperate packages should be given equal priority to STH's for away/cup tickets. At the most.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
can 1901 members cancel their monthly DD at any point? otherwise how does the lifetime deal work?

Its an initial 5yr agreement, then I guess you can pull out or re-sign under the new terms in 5yrs time.

The £1,000 for lifetime seat purchase means that in 5yrs if you no longer wish to carry on then you can sell your seat at the market rate.

The £500 for five year seat purchasers, will have to renew their seat licence and sign a new contract if they wish to continue sitting there. If not then the club can re-sell that particular seat licence.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think people are always going to find something to moan about (what about those of us who can't afford season tickets and are going to find it much harder to get tickets to games when we can afford it due to the number of season tickets?). However the club could certainly have been clearer about where the extra 1901 seats are being taken from- when I 1st read it I though they were going to be completly new seats that weren't anywhere in the plans but I'm guessing I was the only 1 who read it like that?
The additional 400 seats in the East Stand will be central and many current STH's who couldn't afford a central seat in the West Stand thought they would have first dibs for the best seats in the East Stand. The restaurant and hospitality lounge area is where the educational unit was going until the funding fell through so the club is making excellent use of redundant space

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Having been a corporate member for some time I never thougth I would say it but I am dismayed at the 1901 Club. All the money and all the parking. I am reverting to normail season ticket. The cost is obscene!
I remember when we first went to Withdean it was stated that we are paying over the odds for a sub-standard stadium and this will be reflected in cost when we moved to Falmer. Well it appears this has been forgotten! I guess we are back to fleecing the fans!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Its an initial 5yr agreement, then I guess you can pull out or re-sign under the new terms in 5yrs time.

The £1,000 for lifetime seat purchase means that in 5yrs if you no longer wish to carry on then you can sell your seat at the market rate.

The £500 for five year seat purchasers, will have to renew their seat licence and sign a new contract if they wish to continue sitting there. If not then the club can re-sell that particular seat licence.

thanks Clipped. Re the £1,000 license do you mean "can" or "must" sell? ie could you keep the seat license (as an investment) but not renew ST?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There's a recession on.

The club should not assume that there will be a lemming-like rush for STs.

After the novelty of the first few games has worn off there will be thousands of tickets bookable for bread n butter games.

When Hull City moved from Boothferry Park to the KC Stadium there was a lemming-like rush for ST's even with them being in a deprived area which has been in recession for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here