Under your skin.
We lost 3-0 to Saints.

Such a strange game.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
We lost 3-0 to Saints.

Such a strange game.

Remember this well being a Saints fan. My brother was harping on before the game about how Albion were going to beat us. Beattie got the first with Svenson scoring 2 more. The win was more relief than anything else, just to avoid grief from Albion siblings/friends.

I remember at the pub afterwards watching the 9/11 footage on telly, realising that football really didnt matter, but there was this fat bloke grizzling coz of the Zamora offside goal and the fact that we didnt have any points (lost first 2 games to spurs & leeds). Really pissed me off. All other Albion and Saints fans put football to one side and talked about what was on the telly.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I was taking a yacht qualification and had spent the whole day on the water with the examiner, oblivious. We arrived at Portsmouth quay in the evening, and couldn't work out why there was no-one around, or why the few people there were looked so silent. Soon found out. An odd way to have spent 9/11, in effect missing it completely.

Brighton_Barca

Bus stop wanker
A tragic day for many, remember watching the devastation on the tv in my bosses porsche. Went to the Southampton game just to take my mind off the whole days events.

Attachments

• sept_11_flag.jpg
    sept_11_flag.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 374

May 22, 2008
I was living in NYC And was off work
That day!

My loft looks over the southport
From the Brooklyn side.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I was out running and listening to Steve Wright on my headset.When he said what had happened I thought it was one of his stupid jokes.
When I got back and saw it on TV I realised how serious it all was.
RIP all those people.

Evul Buddha

Dec 16, 2008
Brighton
I remember this day quite vividly, was out with some mates having a bit of a kick about. My mate got a call from his mum telling him that the first plane had hit but we didn't believe him when he told us (he was a bit of a joker and known for making stuff up).

Anyway went home not long after that, my parents were watching it all happen on the news with them showing everything live and my dad said "that other plane is flying a bit low" a few seconds late it hit the second tower. I remember just watching it in shock.

Kinda just sat in the nearest chair and remember watching the news and what was happening for the rest of the day and just couldn't believe it.

A very shocking day, one that I doubt I will forget.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was on honeymoon in Mauritius and caught it on Sky News just before the second plane hit. 4 days later we flew back. New security measures had not yet been brought in so had my swiss army knife in my pocket for whole flight which included flying over Libya. Probably wouldn't have helped but made me feel better.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I had gotten in from school, around half 3. Was in year 4.

Not quite understanding what was happening at the time, i thought "oh man how cool". I seriously thought it was awesome in the first instance.

My dad then said very quietly that this is real and that those people have just died, and everything went quiet. Even the TV went quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here