Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This could have been us...it can still be

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I always thought you are more likely to stay "up" if you are teased a bit at first before you go full speed for the prize. If you know what I mean. The prize seems a more reward if it is more difficult to win. When Leicester and BHA are competing for the big prize who will value it more?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It took me about ten minutes after the Boro arse raping to forget about last season. Over the year we weren't good enough, didn't kill off enough opponents and conceded too many stupid goals.

Any talk of last season being " our" season never to be repeated is clearly mental and I expect us to be there or there about again.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I like the irony of spending the whole first paragraph feeling sorry for yourself and then start the second paragraph saying we shouldn't feel sorry for ourselves.

Didn't want to make it all doom and gloom! Next season will hopefully make me forget all about it :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It took me about ten minutes after the Boro arse raping to forget about last season. Over the year we weren't good enough, didn't kill off enough opponents and conceded too many stupid goals.

Any talk of last season being " our" season never to be repeated is clearly mental and I expect us to be there or there about again.

Caveat to self mind. I'm not too keen on another epic drive to the north east on opening day only to have another referee **** us over AGAIN but I probably will.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
I don't have a problem with Middlesbrough (and yes I was at the Riverside last May). As frustrating as it was, they just pipped us. Their signings show that they have an ambitious Chairman who is prepared to bring in some quality players - much the same as I think Tony Bloom would have done if we'd made it last season. Good luck to Middlesbrough - I think will prove to be an attractive addition to the Premier League.

None of these things can be said about Hull though..................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would say take heart from what Boro did last season. They went very close the previous season lost in the play off final and came and did the job properly the following year.

We can't even get to a play off final !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
The Boro game was not the defining game of last season. It was what we deserved after our miserable performance against Derby the week before and several bleak results in the weeks around Christmas. We didn't deserve anything. We weren't good enough over the whole campaign. End of.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Still no pace in that Boro team though, apart from their goals problem in the last 2 seasons. Got a much better chance than hull or Burnley of staying up, but players like Negredo need to join a new team and hit the ground running.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Burnley are sleep walking there way back to the championship again.

Showing no desire at all that they want to remain in the top flight. They are currently actually weaker than when they went up.

At least have a go when you get there.

HUll are not far behind them either...

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
I see that they are close to re-signing, on a permanent basis, Ramerez from Southampton.

Wonder if they'll pay him enough to but some shinpads this time? Also, the new rules about abusing referees, will he now get a red card the next time he biffs a card from a referee's mitt?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ashley Barnes and Stephen Ward were two other players who were happy to join Burnley, for a more realistic chance of top-flight football.:)

Marvellous - for two seasons?

I can't see Burnley staying up with the squad they currently have, nor with the players they have been linked to.

Unlike Boro who seem to want to to sign players to keep them up.

Just would have thought Burnley would have learnt from the last time they got promoted?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Burnley are sleep walking there way back to the championship again.

Showing no desire at all that they want to remain in the top flight. They are currently actually weaker than when they went up.

At least have a go when you get there.

HUll are not far behind them either...
They are both going to be smashed next season.

When teams like Bournemouth are spending money on Ibe these two have no chance.

Burnley/Hull/Watford are my picks

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Folk need to move on. Middlesbrough got promoted and have £160m to spend. I am not interested in them at all as they are not in our league any more. Time to focus on us & the Championship - for the record I think we will go up as Champions this season!!!! UTA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Marvellous - for two seasons?

I can't see Burnley staying up with the squad they currently have, nor with the players they have been linked to.

Unlike Boro who seem to want to to sign players to keep them up.

Just would have thought Burnley would have learnt from the last time they got promoted?

Although I wouldn't want us to play like Burnley I'd certainly have settled for two promotions and a relegation in the last three seasons. I suspect Barber and TB and most fans would have done too

I imagine that they are also in a very good position financially, what's not to like?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Although I wouldn't want us to play like Burnley I'd certainly have settled for two promotions and a relegation in the last three seasons. I suspect Barber and TB and most fans would have done too

I imagine that they are also in a very good position financially, what's not to like?

I don't see the point of being promoted if you are not even going to try to stay up, or at least learn lessons from last time.

The joy of last season will soon vanish if they get 25% of the ball in most games next.

maybe it's just me :/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't see the point of being promoted if you are not even going to try to stay up, or at least learn lessons from last time.

The joy of last season will soon vanish if they get 25% of the ball in most games next.

maybe it's just me :/

That's the trouble with you Spurs fans your aspirations are much higher than your average Albion fan :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here