Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This could get interesting for our Palace chums

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bollocks.
I don't suppose you know more about this than anyone else. What's odd, is that a couple of people mentioned in the article could easily deny the claims. eg, Dougie and OGS. And since it's so easy to clarify that's a load of nonsense, the longer it takes, the more more you have to wonder if there could be some truth in it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't suppose you know more about this than anyone else. What's odd, is that a couple of people mentioned in the article could easily deny the claims. eg, Dougie and OGS. And since it's so easy to clarify that's a load of nonsense, the longer it takes, the more more you have to wonder if there could be some truth in it.

But even if there is: surely it's more of a disciplinary issue for a Cardiff member of staff than any kind of serious rule breach by Palace?

Palace can only ask: what Cardiff staff choose to tell them is down to themselves alone (and like I said, seems like more of an employment/ contractual issue than a breaking of important rules).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What's your source that there's more to this than meets the eye? Or are you guessing?

Just the fact the Premier League are taking the complaint seriously instead of saying there isn't any case to answer and dismissing it as sour grapes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But even if there is: surely it's more of a disciplinary issue for a Cardiff member of staff than any kind of serious rule breach by Palace?
You'd need to know the rules to be able to answer that. And I doubt any of us know that sort of rule.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You'd need to know the rules to be able to answer that. And I doubt any of us know that sort of rule.

Nah. I certainly don't.

I'd be surprised if there is a rule prohibiting officials from one club trying to find out information about another though. Where do you draw the line? What sort of information is unacceptable? What if an opponent just sends you the information unsolicited, have you committed an offence then?

More likely that the rules prohibit staff from giving out certain information (though I can't believe that would apply in football).

I doubt there are any such rules, to be honest, clubs generally police themselves on such issues.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Nah. I certainly don't.

I'd be surprised if there is a rule prohibiting officials from one club trying to find out information about another though. Where do you draw the line? What sort of information is unacceptable? What if an opponent just sends you the information unsolicited, have you committed an offence then?

More likely that the rules prohibit staff from giving out certain information (though I can't believe that would apply in football).

I doubt there are any such rules, to be honest, clubs generally police themselves on such issues.

From the BBC article...

Specifically, Cardiff say Palace have broken three Premier League rules: B15, B16 and B17. Of these, B17 is potentially the most serious as it states that no club shall disclose or divulge confidential information.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think we should wait for Dougie to confirm or deny he received a text from Moody. There is more to this than meets the eye.

I haven't heard or spoke to moody , it's all a load of boll ocks abit like most of your posts .

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
From the BBC article...

Specifically, Cardiff say Palace have broken three Premier League rules: B15, B16 and B17. Of these, B17 is potentially the most serious as it states that no club shall disclose or divulge confidential information.

And of course we haven't disclosed or divulged confidential information. However, said BBC article claims that the letter has been disclosed to them. Confidential information again leaked to the BBC from Cardiff - presumably they'll be getting a ten point deduction then?

The whole thing is sour grapes and the Premier League will kick it out to the long grass.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I haven't heard or spoke to moody , it's all a load of boll ocks abit like most of your posts .

I was talking about the REAL Dougie not you :lol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Just the fact the Premier League are taking the complaint seriously instead of saying there isn't any case to answer and dismissing it as sour grapes.

The Premier League have to investigate if a official complaint is made, it's standard procedure.
Don't get too excited Soggy, I'm sure once they find there's no case to answer, the Malaysian fruitcase will be sued for more than 3 points.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Premier League have to investigate if a official complaint is made, it's standard procedure.
Don't get too excited Soggy, I'm sure once they find there's no case to answer, the Malaysian fruitcase will be sued for more than 3 points.

The Premier League won't do anything because it will take the shine off Pulis being the manager of the season and they don't like bad publicity for the "best league in the world".

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Kick Cardiff out of the FL then they can play in the welsh league where they really belong!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
And of course we haven't disclosed or divulged confidential information. However, said BBC article claims that the letter has been disclosed to them. Confidential information again leaked to the BBC from Cardiff - presumably they'll be getting a ten point deduction then?

The whole thing is sour grapes and the Premier League will kick it out to the long grass.

You did, to Dougie Freedman, apparently:)

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Just looked on my I pad and there appears to be another thread about this same topic.
Firstly Apologies to @Guinessboy and secondly why can't I see it on Tapatalk app on my phone.

Edit:- It has now appeared, must have been a ickle glitch

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Delicious that Sir Douglas Greedman is implicated in crapping on minor Surrey-based football club Crystal Palace yet again. Palace fans mistakenly took him for one of their own, blue and red blood in his veins and all that, when all along he just saw them as a pay cheque, and an obstacle in the way of his grander ambitions.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Delicious that Sir Douglas Greedman is implicated in crapping on minor Surrey-based football club Crystal Palace yet again. Palace fans mistakenly took him for one of their own, blue and red blood in his veins and all that, when all along he just saw them as a pay cheque, and an obstacle in the way of his grander ambitions.

Yeah course being at bottom half championship side Bolton who are in almost as much debt as Brighton is a real move to a bigger club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here