Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This binman strike...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely this. The Union is peddling an absolute lie in order to gain sympathy for their plight and it is working as many people still believe that binmen are losing £4000 a year (which would be a disgrace). This is simply not true and they continue to hide behind this to justify their action to the public. Some binmen are however set to potentially lose out to the tune of around £1000 or so, for which the council have offered to compensate them for three years worth of losses. This hardly seems to be action of hatchet wielding maniacs.

I cannot take the union seriously until they still start discussing the real figures involved in this dispute. They can also stop harassing businesses and communities who have taken it upon themselves to clean some of the rubbish themselves.

The union is taking the piss because the council is so weak and divided. They can smell blood. Or at least the insides of a Kiktkat.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
uploadfromtaptalk1371750322259.jpg

This is how much Cityclean care about cleaning the City. Strip everything else away - this is the reality. And it is disgusting.

I hope the council now stop any annual bonus type payments they may make, amd redsitribute the funds to every other department.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many people at your place turn up an hour before their scheduled start time so they can leave early?
I don't think there are many, anymore. There's the odd loon who'd start early at a sewage plant, and part-timers coming in early so they can finish their frame their way.
How many use their own private cars unofficially to get the round done quicker?
To my knowledge that doesn't really happen, after all we are all in vans now.
How many work through their meal relief to get away early?
Our Union rep delayed the Specials being made available, to stop that.
Plus with the levels of post being so low, it's pretty difficult to not get a break.

The people that do this make it very hard for the people that work correctly, who then I'm told get bullied by their manager for not getting their round done in time. I've not got direct experience of this, just what I've been told by other posties and I'd genuinely like to know if this happens at your place.
You're correct about weak management too, where I work most of the managers aren't really very good at their jobs.

All of the above 'Spanish Practices' (that takes you back) have been greatly reduced.
'Other' jobs have been found in the office for our early return, but I still don't work over 35 hours a week.

Now we have vans a fair few people drive home for an hour or so each day, all the while complaining about the people who come back to the office.

Naturally the managers do nothing, so it's hard to blame the staff.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
No they cannot you imbecile! Or does that not fit with your agenda, huh?

Imbecile? Agendas? If you're going to quote me then perhaps you should be a little more specific because you're not making a whole deal of sense. I don't have an agenda although I am a little concerned about yours judging by that post.

Ok so it's not £4000 with every worker and perhaps I shouldn't be so broad but as far as I'm concerned I support the binmen in this debacle & if you don't like that then I really couldn't care less. You could take a leaf out of that book & you may find you have a little more control over your blood pressure

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is now a Rat in my kitchen and I am going to contact Andrew Castle for some compo.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It'll all be sorted tomorrow. These things always happen on Fridays.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Imbecile? Agendas? If you're going to quote me then perhaps you should be a little more specific because you're not making a whole deal of sense. I don't have an agenda although I am a little concerned about yours judging by that post.

Ok so it's not £4000 with every worker and perhaps I shouldn't be so broad but as far as I'm concerned I support the binmen in this debacle & if you don't like that then I really couldn't care less. You could take a leaf out of that book & you may find you have a little more control over your blood pressure

Ha Ha! Found out to be a liar! Crawl back into your left wing agenda filled life, and let the rest of us get on with trying to make a positive contribution to life for ourselves and others, rather than just what-I-can-get-for-nothing-monkeys like you. Run along now.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Ha Ha! Found out to be a liar! Crawl back into your left wing agenda filled life, and let the rest of us get on with trying to make a positive contribution to life for ourselves and others, rather than just what-I-can-get-for-nothing-monkeys like you. Run along now.

Sorry Woody with a retarted post like that you've proven right there you're clueless as to what you understand my perspective to be. Why don't you go & sit in quiet room and take 10 eh?

You know **** all about me although I'll give you this much I'm no lefty and I'm certainly not impressed with the green party. As for you I couldn't be less interested.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry Woody with a retarted post like that you've proven right there you're clueless as to what you understand my perspective to be. Why don't you go & sit in quiet room and take 10 eh?

You know **** all about me although I'll give you this much I'm no lefty and I'm certainly not impressed with the green party. As for you I couldn't be less interested.

Ha Ha! Still found out to be a liar......

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Maybe Tony Bloom should get Gus out on a dustcart - Gus would be back being gainfully employed and the town would get tidied up. Everyone's a winner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here