Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This binman strike...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can now hardly sing 'I want to go home... Leeds is a shithole...' etc.

Thanks to council lunacy the centre of Brighton must now be the biggest 'shithole' in the UK.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
What's going to be done about the mess then? Will the binman have to clear up a back log of about a month or what?

I was walking up Goldstone Villas today and there were f*cking NAPPIES in the middle of the pavement, they were brown too, shameful.

What are we gonna do, how long is this mess gonna last?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
At last David Cameron does something right and tells Lucas to **** off regarding her ridiculous attempt at trying to get 'Page 3' banned...

Now perhaps Lucas can stop with her shitty little crusades and sort my ****ing rubbish out!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

My doctor insisted upon checking my blood pressure last week, she and I were pleasantly surprised when the reading was pretty much normal.

After reading that shxte from that stupid bint it has just gone through the roof!

Firstly she blames other parties, then shows how wonderful she is by telling us she spent a little time clearing litter with constituents, then says how much she supports workers rights and plenty more non-commital claptrap.

You are finished Lucas, just like your party in this city, do the decent thing and Google off now you sad Nescafe shakers!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My doctor insisted upon checking my blood pressure last week, she and I were pleasantly surprised when the reading was pretty much normal.

After reading that shxte from that stupid bint it has just gone through the roof!

Firstly she blames other parties, then shows how wonderful she is by telling us she spent a little time clearing litter with constituents, then says how much she supports workers rights and plenty more non-commital claptrap.

You are finished Lucas, just like your party in this city, do the decent thing and Google off now you sad Nescafe shakers!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Take a deep breath and relax... :)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure that's what they're trying to do. But the argument is the reduction in overtime is a reduction in wages.

they are trying to reduce the rate. They should keep it the same and not give overtime. Problem solved.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We can now hardly sing 'I want to go home... Leeds is a shithole...' etc.

Thanks to council lunacy the centre of Brighton must now be the biggest 'shithole' in the UK.

The council?

The blame lies squarely with the union. And the binmen. One are a bunch of sharks and self important wasters, the other are lazy and jobshy. Put that mix together and you get this farce.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Greens are in a complete mess, Lucas and Kitkat on opposite sides. Some Councillor supporting the strikers, others not. A shambles.

Add in a Union who leaders are up for a fight (and the leaders won't lose out financially) and an easily led workforce who feel wronged and this is where we are.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The council?

The blame lies squarely with the union. And the binmen. One are a bunch of sharks and self important wasters, the other are lazy and jobshy. Put that mix together and you get this farce.

That is the biggest load if shite I've ever seen written from you. The blame lies solely with the council. The binmen have every right to strike under these circumstances which have been highlighted through out the thread & they get my full backing thats for sure. So the council save £4000 a bin worker. Personally I'd be livid if it that was coming off my income. There's plenty of ways the council can save money & throwing endless money on roads that don't need improvement (even with grants) certainly isn't one of them.

You live to your means & I wouldn't be surprised if the bin men & their families are fully stretched as far as their income is concerned. The last thing you need is a further £4000 a year taken off.

I'm personally disgusted by the council.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Isn't Lucas a Marxist anyway...that was always the issue with greens that they were all for the public control of the means of production and full nationalisation...ie Marxism.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Isn't Lucas a Marxist anyway...that was always the issue with greens that they were all for the public control of the means of production and full nationalisation...ie Marxism.

This "equal pay scales across all trades" idea certainly seems like a step in that direction.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

So you don't think the other parties should have dealt with it before, when most other councils have? Do you blame the recession completely on the Tories?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That is the biggest load if shite I've ever seen written from you. The blame lies solely with the council. The binmen have every right to strike under these circumstances which have been highlighted through out the thread & they get my full backing thats for sure. So the council save £4000 a bin worker. Personally I'd be livid if it that was coming off my income. There's plenty of ways the council can save money & throwing endless money on roads that don't need improvement (even with grants) certainly isn't one of them.

You live to your means & I wouldn't be surprised if the bin men & their families are fully stretched as far as their income is concerned. The last thing you need is a further £4000 a year taken off.

I'm personally disgusted by the council.

But they are not all losing £4000 are they, that just a headline grabber, only if they do all the overtime/ shift patterns and so the full overtime every week for 52 weeks are the highest graded collectors is there the potential to lose £4000.

It really irks me that this inflated figure it quoted all the time trying to make out they are all losing this amount of money.
It does not do them any favours.
And I'm very anti Green Party , but lets get the facts straight.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But they are not all losing £4000 are they, that just a headline grabber, only if they do all the overtime/ shift patterns and so the full overtime every week for 52 weeks are the highest graded collectors is there the potential to lose £4000.

It really irks me that this inflated figure it quoted all the time trying to make out they are all losing this amount of money.
It does not do them any favours.
And I'm very anti Green Party , but lets get the facts straight.

Absolutely this. The Union is peddling an absolute lie in order to gain sympathy for their plight and it is working as many people still believe that binmen are losing £4000 a year (which would be a disgrace). This is simply not true and they continue to hide behind this to justify their action to the public. Some binmen are however set to potentially lose out to the tune of around £1000 or so, for which the council have offered to compensate them for three years worth of losses. This hardly seems to be action of hatchet wielding maniacs.

I cannot take the union seriously until they still start discussing the real figures involved in this dispute. They can also stop harassing businesses and communities who have taken it upon themselves to clean some of the rubbish themselves.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton starting to smell like a third world Country what do the visitors and Foreign students think of our city ,come on sort it out.:shit:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Absolutely this. The Union is peddling an absolute lie in order to gain sympathy for their plight and it is working as many people still believe that binmen are losing £4000 a year (which would be a disgrace). This is simply not true and they continue to hide behind this to justify their action to the public. Some binmen are however set to potentially lose out to the tune of around £1000 or so, for which the council have offered to compensate them for three years worth of losses. This hardly seems to be action of hatchet wielding maniacs.

I cannot take the union seriously until they still start discussing the real figures involved in this dispute. They can also stop harassing businesses and communities who have taken it upon themselves to clean some of the rubbish themselves.

...... this

This will be Royal Mail next.

To be honest.
For the unskilled work that we do, we are very well paid.
But to listen to the 'lifers', most of whom are unionised, you'd think we were curing cancer and operating on brains.

There's comparatively massive amounts of money available on overtime, as the managers are pressured to clear everything.
While utilizing a workforce that will either crack on too finish, or belligerently 'fight' the notion of work every step of the way.
Safe in the knowledge they are 'untouchable' from weak management.

I'd hazard a guess this is what's happened here.
The problem being currently management are holding the aces.
They weren't 5 years ago, and they probably won't in 5 years time but economically and in the current climate, they have room to flex their muscles, so why shouldn't they?

How many people at your place turn up an hour before their scheduled start time so they can leave early? How many use their own private cars unofficially to get the round done quicker? How many work through their meal relief to get away early? The people that do this make it very hard for the people that work correctly, who then I'm told get bullied by their manager for not getting their round done in time. I've not got direct experience of this, just what I've been told by other posties and I'd genuinely like to know if this happens at your place.
You're correct about weak management too, where I work most of the managers aren't really very good at their jobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here