Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thirty years on. Aha and Take on me.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Jennifer Rush - The Power of Love.:love::love::love:

I knew it. That song was like a morning spent in Bejam in the early 1980s, even though it introduced a potentially interesting tension between subject matter (love) and instrumentation (funeral dirge). The follow-up "Ring of Ice" was EVEN worse - like painting white paint over white paint in a very large room. Man, I feel tired and dismayed.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Strangely enough this has just come on the radio. Actually it's probably not that strange given that I'm listening to Absolute 80s.

Family Guy also did a decent spoof of this video, with Chris Griffin playing the part of Morten Harket ( :love: )

That is one of my favourite completely random Family Guy moments.

"Where have you been Chris?"
"I don't know!"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that was the alternative take - 'W@nk on me'

Savile and his jingle-jangle jewellery was apparently the inspiration for their follow-up hit "The Cvnt Always Shines On TV"...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think I can speak for everyone* when I say that the Reel Big Fish cover of this is the superior version.

*'everyone' being me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
64 million hits on the tube, not bad. There were some decent sounds in the 80's that's for sure...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The girl in the original video was Morten Harket's girlfriend at the time.

I don't think you imagined it though as I believe Jim fixed it for someone to be in a "remake" of the video, at least I can remember something like that from a Jim'll Fix It (along with some kid who sent off an entire Arsenal team as he was upset they had knocked Oxford out of the League Cup).

Phew!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I knew it. That song was like a morning spent in Bejam in the early 1980s, even though it introduced a potentially interesting tension between subject matter (love) and instrumentation (funeral dirge). The follow-up "Ring of Ice" was EVEN worse - like painting white paint over white paint in a very large room. Man, I feel tired and dismayed.

Bejam! Now that's a blast from the past....

We used to nick ice-pops from there in Eastbourne before the Saturday Cinema Club at the Curzon!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Although take on me was recorded in 1984 it didn't actually chart until late 1985 in the UK.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
best video for a song EVER !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here