Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thirty Years' Ago Today

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That was a fabulous day....lived in Wellingborough at the time...travelled back up the M1 behind Wednesday coaches,they saw us in Blue and White and were waving and smiling....then they saw my 'Seagull' badge...guy at back of coach mouthed...'They f*****g Seagull fans.
Their expessions changed and beer cans came out the windows...just as we turned off....a V sign never felt better.

getofftheropes

bossa nova
Sep 4, 2009
brazil!no littlehampton
Goldstone rapper,ur second picture down of Gary howlett,in the background standing on the wall in front of the chimney
is a very drunk me!!! bloody hell this has revived a few memorys.....whataday

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Goldstone rapper,ur second picture down of Gary howlett,in the background standing on the wall in front of the chimney
is a very drunk me!!! bloody hell this has revived a few memorys.....whataday

Quality. I'm not sure if you know, but that picture was on the front of the Panini Football '84 sticker album. Very precarious position to be drunk!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
In the early 80's about eight of us use to go to most Albion games travelling from Caterham, Surrey. I was bet £10 that I wouldn't dye my hair Blue & White so I sparyed it, looked fantastic but after standing in the Highbury heat the colours run and my face was green. My brother can't make it as he was an usher at a mates wedding.

Drank up in the Duke of York in Victoria, it was packed so stood out on the pavement which the police soon cleared with dogs, not very socialable of them as one of the dogs firmly attched it's self on a mates arm. The underground was packed, I think my feet didn't touch the ground for most of the journey.

Of the game all I remember are the goals, Jimmy Case's free kick was just brilliant, the Clock End was complete madness. This was the day I first realised the passion in football and seeing couple of Wednesday fans in floods outside the ground, we stopped and had a chat but the whole event was just so emotional.

Raced back to our then local pub The Blacksmith's Arms in Caterham where the landlord had decked the pub out in Blue & White and we drank until the early hours, first time I had ever had afters in a pub.

Still rates as one of my top three football days. Happy days.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Fantastic day and what an atmosphere.Can remember being so nervous for the whole match.
Got the train home to Reigate and yes, got thoroughly pissed!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Very true..looking back i was and still am an idiot !!
Could you post that picture please?

Certainly can. Here...

panini84.jpg

Bits more Albion bits and pieces can be found at my blog at:

Cover star Gary Howlett fronts Panini Football 84 | The Goldstone Wrap

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
It is a real shame that this seems to be the highlight of our existence. Winning an FA Cup Semi Final. :bla:

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Lets make sure we win our next visit to Wembley (next month).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It is a real shame that this seems to be the highlight of our existence. Winning an FA Cup Semi Final. :bla:

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Lets make sure we win our next visit to Wembley (next month).

Be grateful for the glory years of the late 1970s and early 1980s. Otherwise promotion to Division Two would have been the highlight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here