Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Test England v South Africa, The Oval, July 27-31

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The few extra runs up until tea may prove vital but hopefully not. Perhaps time to throw the bat and see what happens.

Let Bairstow get his 50 or lose his wicket before declaring a few minutes wont make a great difference.

Wouldn't make any difference as they would take tea anyway. Think we'll declare at the break.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
This is bloody silly although it will help Bairstow's career stats I suppose.

England now going at 8 an over RR.

Great comment on the BBC Website: Perhaps Joe Root has forgotten he is captain and is waiting for Alastair Cook to declare?

EDIT: and finally with just the 491 lead Joe gambles his captaincy with a risky declaration...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Everyone is making too much out of the declaration, putting them in 5 overs before tea isn't going to make a great deal of difference.

Maybe they go in a wicket down, maybe they go in 10-0 but with 4 sessions left in the game there's plenty of time to take 10 wickets. Sometimes I think the Sky commentators work each other up too much about declaring early.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 313-8 declared (79.5 overs), and tea is being taken.

The 'target' is 492 with 139 overs remaining in 4 sessions.

All four results are possible.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Elgar dropped on 9 by Jennings at 3rd... not a difficult chance as Jimmy gets it to move across Elgar and takes a thickish edge... Jennings going to his left with two hands spills it.

21-0

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
TRJ strikes... it's the dangerous and dogged Amla :clap2:

47-2 (15.5 overs)

Trying to leave it... clips the toe end and it is a smart low down catch at 2nd slip by Joe Root

BIG wicket!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wonder if Tobias Skelton Roland-Jones might just jolly well get a ten-for. Well done that man!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No shot offered by the skipper FduP... and it raps him on the pad... he's given :clap2:

Review... but looked dead to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here