Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I couldn't agree more, but the wicket hasn't helped the situation. It is a Batsman paradise and if you look at the Scores, Lanacashite have got this season on that Wicket. No wonder not many results have come of that Square.
That's the point though isn't it? When there is not much happening with the pitch then you need a bit of creative captaincy, not captaincy by spreadsheet as Bold calls it.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
That's the point though isn't it? When there is not much happening with the pitch then you need a bit of creative captaincy, not captaincy by spreadsheet as Bold calls it.

Cook tried Root and Trott, that didn't work. We should of gone with the extra spinner IMO. We should of gone for Monty, but we didn't and now we've got to try and get a draw now against a very average Bowling attack.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My prediction:

73-4 at close*

*my optimism has come from seeing the Sussex score

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure we can save this though we need 3 centurions in our first innings to have a hope. My money is on Cook, Trott and Bell. Should be the time for KP to step up too, he owes the team a 50.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cook tried Root and Trott, that didn't work. We should of gone with the extra spinner IMO. We should of gone for Monty, but we didn't and now we've got to try and get a draw now against a very average Bowling attack.

They had 5 overs between them out of 146!!!

Do you call that trying them!?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
*sigh* It's "should've" or "should have".

Well Root should've been given more overs this morning. And it's not just the bowlers anyway, it's intelligent field placement or having a strategy to deal with certain batsmen.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
*sigh* It's "should've" or "should have".

Well Root should've been given more overs this morning. And it's not just the bowlers anyway, it's intelligent field placement or having a strategy to deal with certain batsmen.

Oh god, didn't know this was School Spelling bee? I recognized my mistake, but didn't bother to edit it. Can we all remember one important thing here, we are 2-nil up in the Series. Not 2-nil down, for crying out loud.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh god, didn't know this was School Spelling bee? I recognized my mistake, but didn't bother to edit it. Can we all remember one important thing here, we are 2-nil up in the Series. Not 2-nil down, for crying out loud.
Pipe down Basil, I wasn't rude. That is a simpleton's spelling mistake, and has no place on a cricket thread.

And what has the current series score got to do with anything being discussed?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Pipe down Basil, I wasn't rude. That is a simpleton's spelling mistake, and has no place on a cricket thread.

And what has the current series score got to do with anything being discussed?

Sorry, but things like that annoy me. Well the doom and gloom on this thread, feels like we're losing this Series not winning it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here