Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Could be a great toss to lose. I've fancied England to put the pressure on bowling first all series.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Australia untroubled. 39-0. Pitch looks a bit gentle.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm hoping Australia are doing their usual thing of looking like a professional cricket team at the start and then turning completely VILLAGE in an instance.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Being 2-0 down and having to win Australia really had to bat after winning that toss. I can see this being a high scoring draw; if it IS a draw England retain the Ashes, and given their inherently cautious nature I can see they might be thinking "Draw and achieve first objective", rather than "Win and we're 3/5ths of the way towards a whitewash".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need a wicket and we need it NOW!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pitch looks gentle, but we also look a bit rigid in our bowling plans. It's all very well identifying a batsman's weakness, but you have to adapt quickly, get back to a line and length rather than specific plans being executed for each batsman.

Currently Aussies have the perfect partnership going with Rogers aggression leaving Watson to relax and be patient without the pressure of feeling like he needs to score. Great start by....

Hold on Watson gone!!!!!

I take it all back!!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks Shane :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here