Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Third best aerial prowess this season

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Interesting thing in The Times this morning about aerial duel win rates in the PL this season - and we're third!

Here's an extract of it:

1. Newcastle - 55.9%
2. Man City - 55.5%
3. BRIGHTON - 54.1%
19. Palace - 46.3%
20. Arsenal - 45.9%

With BDB I'm not totally surprised by Saudi FC being at the top, but we're clearly doing well on the aerial duel front too.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Interesting thing in The Times this morning about aerial duel win rates in the PL this season - and we're third!

Here's an extract of it:

1. Newcastle - 55.9%
2. Man City - 55.5%
3. BRIGHTON - 54.1%
19. Palace - 46.3%
20. Arsenal - 45.9%

With BDB I'm not totally surprised by Saudi FC being at the top, but we're clearly doing well on the aerial duel front too.
BDB is not very good in the air considering how tall he is

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Here's an extract of it:

1. Newcastle - 55.9%
2. Man City - 55.5%
3. BRIGHTON - 54.1%
19. Palace - 46.3%
20. Arsenal - 45.9%

Interesting that Us and City are up there.

I wonder if this is because the aerial duels we do get in involved with are mostly defensive ones. In attack, we're both on the ground type teams, who will recycle rather than sling it randomly in the box from the touchline. So the duels we do have are defensive and you'd fancy Dunky, Colwill and Webby to win a lot more than they lose when it's in the air.

Interesting also, that Palace down there despite being a rugged and physical side. Maybe that's for opposite reasons to us. Lots of hopeful balls from the full back position to Eduard or Mateta or whatever donkey they've decided to put up there.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Any stats we're not in the top 5/6 for? Truly astonishing season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any stats we're not in the top 5/6 for? Truly astonishing season.

(1) Number of managers sacked
(2) Fewest points won per pound spent on the team
(3) % of correct refereeing decisions received at White Hart Lane

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here