Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thinking under the influence…

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
So…

Tony Bloom and Paul Barber approach the team with De Zerbi by their side.

PB explains in quite obvious terms, the model and direction the club is following. He explains how statistical analysis is changing the game and how Brighton are not only the fore-runners, but are currently the pioneers in the way we interpret this data.

He points out that current analysis projects Brighton to be playing in Europe, or at least be winning some form of main title… if the current squad is kept together.

If… what we’re told is true and that players only care about honours as trophies… knowing you could realistically win titles with the team around you…

…why leave us?

It’s hard to comprehend, but we are doing things differently… showing the rest that there’s another way. We are the envy of every other club, even the big 6. They would love to support a club doing well and doing it in what’s perceived the ‘right’ way. Bloom was always going to be a genius… Im just glad he supports the same club as me.

I feel this is just the beginning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
......................... .on the other hand, if you (or your agent) want to treble your wages ....................................

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nothing smells like CASH.

🤑🤑🤑🤑

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Agree with this. I think with many, the heart would be saying stay with the Albion but the head (and bank account) will be saying follow the money.
And to a certain extent with players I get that, they have a limited shelf life, and are always one bad tackle away from a career ending injury. What disappointed me about Potter was that he was only 47, he could have stayed another couple of seasons really started to move the team forward and still gone on to a moneyed club. Wonder if he wasn't confident he could do that and went for it. RdZ is only 43, and I don't think he lacks confidence. Really think him staying with us for a few years would be mutually beneficial in the long term.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So…

Tony Bloom and Paul Barber approach the team with De Zerbi by their side.

PB explains in quite obvious terms, the model and direction the club is following. He explains how statistical analysis is changing the game and how Brighton are not only the fore-runners, but are currently the pioneers in the way we interpret this data.

He points out that current analysis projects Brighton to be playing in Europe, or at least be winning some form of main title… if the current squad is kept together.

If… what we’re told is true and that players only care about honours as trophies… knowing you could realistically win titles with the team around you…

…why leave us?

It’s hard to comprehend, but we are doing things differently… showing the rest that there’s another way. We are the envy of every other club, even the big 6. They would love to support a club doing well and doing it in what’s perceived the ‘right’ way. Bloom was always going to be a genius… Im just glad he supports the same club as me.

I feel this is just the beginning.
It's just a wonderful thought, an absolute dream, and wonderful things could happen this season.

But your scenario is a dream under the influence.

The real dream is that a pie is in that big blue sky, whilst a pig flies past, and all the time, the dollar signs in the players eyes just get bigger and bigger and bigger!!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It's just a wonderful thought, an absolute dream, and wonderful things could happen this season.

But your scenario is a dream under the influence.

The real dream is that a pie is in that big blue sky, whilst a pig flies past, and all the time, the dollar signs in the players eyes just get bigger and bigger and bigger!!
Fanciful thinking, I know… also, what I seemed to have missed, now that I’m sober, is the influence that greedy agents have over their players.

Boo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here