Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking Of Commuting To London Tomorrow ?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Under 5 mins Isn't really classed as late and it never was under BR either.

There has only been one day so far, when it was less than 5 mins, the 4 minute one.

Dire really. Thank god I work in public sector with flexible working. Otherwise given the unreliabilty of the Southern service, I could have been sacked by now.

Jul 7, 2003
I was on a Swiss train last year where they apologised sincerely for being one minute and fifty two seconds late. Slightly different approach to timekeeping.

Then again, the railways have nothing on the airlines, some of which seem to believe that less than 30 minutes late is still classed as on time.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I was on a Swiss train last year where they apologised sincerely for being one minute and fifty two seconds late. Slightly different approach to timekeeping.

Then again, the railways have nothing on the airlines, some of which seem to believe that less than 30 minutes late is still classed as on time.

We are content by all accounts with a garbage service. Plus with privitisation, profits must come first as the priority.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

The government invest loads on their trains though - thats the difference between us and the Swiss. The UK government want passengers to fully fund everything. The sooner they start to invest on things that arent fantasy plans like HS2 - the sooner we edge towards the Swiss. Should also be said that the Swiss have nowhere NEAR an intensive network like the UK though.

We are content by all accounts with a garbage service. Plus with privitisation, profits must come first as the priority.

3p in every pound train companies get as profit, it isnt that much. Besides, if you bid to win a contract from the government in a business sense, you will of course want to make some money. More not-for-profit companies, like the company that currently operate East Coast. That doesnt mean nationalisation though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here