Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think of the tits..

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
First day of spring is 21st. March. Tits'll have to wait!

Although Met Office treat 1st March as the start of Spring - which is good enough for me, as I hate winter (apart from the footie, of course)!

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Blue tits.jpg

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although Met Office treat 1st March as the start of Spring - which is good enough for me, as I hate winter (apart from the footie, of course)!
Sorry, the met office can call it what it likes, but the seasons are defined by astronomical forces, not some civil servants jolly good idea.
The start of spring and autumn are fixed by the day of the equinoxes - the equinoxes being the two days of the year when the hours od daylight and darkness are equal - this year that is March 20th. and September 22nd. The solstices are on the 21st. of June and December respectively.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Sorry, the met office can call it what it likes, but the seasons are defined by astronomical forces, not some civil servants jolly good idea.
The start of spring and autumn are fixed by the day of the equinoxes - the equinoxes being the two days of the year when the hours od daylight and darkness are equal - this year that is March 20th. and September 22nd. The solstices are on the 21st. of June and December respectively.
The birds don't know that and are looking for nesting sites already.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The birds don't know that and are looking for nesting sites already.

What do they know? They don't even know what day of the week it is, or that we're into March!

Anyway, they're just randy little buggers - one whiff of warm sunshine and that's it, they're out looking for a quick (and in the case of birds it's very quick!) shag.........

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It always disappoints me how posters on NSC attempt to corrupt posts. Here's a chap with the best of intentions posting about tits and folk have to bring up some nonsense about birds ...ffs!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here