Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you did as kids that they don't do now!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Bringing bangers and flick knives back from Dieppe on school trips.

I brought loads of bangers back, never had the balls to bring a knife.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Being mostly concerned with NETTLES and QUICKSAND

Organising meet ups before mobile phones were available, and if you were late everyone just went without you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Most kids still do a lot of this stuff. I think it is a lot to do with where you live. For example in Brighton you don't see that many 8-16 yr olds playing out except on Saturday's on the high street because their parents all moved out to the suburbs or Shoreham or wherever when they bought houses. Take a look along the beach next day you are there on a normal day, very few groups that age group at all.

Where I live, in the leafy suburbs on the edge of the Thames, all day long I see groups of 8-16 yr olds going down to the tyre swing on the river, kicking footballs around, playing cricket with sticks, frisbee in the park, rooting around by the rivers and fields and on days like this if I'm on the towpath I am passed by groups of kids on bikes all the time with backpacks and cheap fishing nets out for the day.

It's a city Vs suburbs/countryside thang baby.

most kids still do a lot of this stuff. I think it is a lot to do with where you live. For example in brighton you don't see that many 8-16 yr olds playing out except on saturday's on the high street because their parents all moved out to the suburbs or shoreham or wherever when they bought houses. Take a look along the beach next day you are there on a normal day, very few groups that age group at all.

Where i live, in the leafy suburbs, all day long i see groups of 8-16 yr olds going down to the tyre swing on the river, kicking footballs around, playing cricket with sticks, frisbee in the park, rooting around by the rivers and fields.

It's a city vs suburbs thang baby.

not so many derelict buildings these days,every square inch gets a new build on it now!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
not so many derelict buildings these days,every square inch gets a new build on it now!

Well, there is some truth in that but again round my way there are loads of old abandoned boat houses and cricket pavillions I see kids playing in. I sound like I spend a lot of time following kids around. Because I do.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Going off in the morning to Stanmer park or Hollingbury golf course with the kids next door and not coming back till teatime all at the age of five.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
SCRUMPING :moo:

EXPLORING DERELICT HOUSES/SCHOOLS:rolleyes:

BUILDING FIRES IN THE WOODS???

WALKING BLOOMING MILES/HITCH HIKING

MAKING BOWS AND ARROWS:shrug:

IDENTIFYING ENEMY PLANES (JUST FOR BG)

ANY OTHERS?[/QUOTE

If there was an A certificate film showing, we would stand outside the cinema and ask adults "Can you get me in please?" Innocent times

Bringing bangers and flick knives back from Dieppe on school trips.

I brought loads of bangers back, never had the balls to bring a knife.

This.

Although I did bring a Flick Comb back one year, it got taken away by the scrawny little shit French Teacher who hated me with a passion though.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
This.

Although I did bring a Flick Comb back one year, it got taken away by the scrawny little shit French Teacher who hated me with a passion though.

I had a mate who brought a flick comb back and then attempted to replace the comb part with one of his mum's kitchen knives. Epic fail on two counts: as a weapon it was about as effective as a stick of celery and when his mum discovered what had become of her best kitchen knife he was grounded big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here