Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things we can learn from The Derby

Whirlwind_Ram

May 6, 2014
This was astonishing!

Add.

9.Words to clubs anthem shown on big screen may be tinpot......but got everyone joining in.
10.Letting the smokers out at half time for some relief is not really hard to organise

Were you allowed out at half time for a smoke?

Sorry, couldn't decide if it was sarcasm or not

There is usually a sectioned off area outside for smokers

Steve Bloomer's Watchin' is played before kick off at every home game

It's been our anthem for a number of years now...and fact of the day...it's sang by Robert Lindsay (who was born in Ilkeston and is a Derby fan)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The thing I took away from it is that we should be sticking visiting supporters in a corner. Preferably not by the East.

Another good point. It's ridiculous giving a big following as much of the section behind the goal as we do. I'm sure segregation is the issue, but we should be sticking them in the top corner of the East or West Stand.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
8. The Derby have sponsors for everything, including for the added on time.

Not a large surprise to be honest they are owned by Andy Appleby an American from Michigan who has a Masters Degree in Sports Management. They know how to sell things over in the states, he knows my wife's mother and told her last year that he was looking to sell the club if things did not go well this year.

http://www.generalsports.com/divisions_SNR.php

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Not a large surprise to be honest they are owned by Andy Appleby an American from Michigan who has a Masters Degree in Sports Management. They know how to sell things over in the states, he knows my wife's mother and told her last year that he was looking to sell the club if things did not go well this year.

http://www.generalsports.com/divisions_SNR.php

Just for the record, Andy Appleby only owns a very small share of the club, he is the chairman of GSE (and the club) who run the club on the behalf of the owners. The owners are Jeff Mallett, W Brett Wilson, Bill Luby, Tom Ricketts, Tom Vertin and Andy Appleby. He could sell his share I guess, but that would not be significant.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Things we can learn from The Derby

put another 3 or 4 holes in your belt when you buy a pair of new trousers

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There might be something in this, we have to start sponsoring EVERYTHING.

Every urinal , advertising space above the urinal something to look at while your having a lash.

Obviously the khazi would be more to advertise as you can sit down and write things down. nifty note pad and pen by the side would help.

Even down to the bog roll, little advertising sign above it with "This Crystal Palace toilet roll is sponsered by.............."

On a related note, why not have a picture of a Palace player in every urinal and WC? It wouldn't bring in any money, but it would add significant enjoyment to the matchday experience.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just for the record, Andy Appleby only owns a very small share of the club, he is the chairman of GSE (and the club) who run the club on the behalf of the owners. The owners are Jeff Mallett, W Brett Wilson, Bill Luby, Tom Ricketts, Tom Vertin and Andy Appleby. He could sell his share I guess, but that would not be significant.

Ok the mother in law like many of them talks a substantial amount of B.S at the best of times....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here