Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things that you've done that could have killed you, making you die to death

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I went for a swim at Byron bay, got about 30m out, and had to work like a trojan to get back to shore. powerful and scary stuff the sea in Aus, makes the English channel look like a puddle.

lots of lovely beaches up there but you do need to know what you're doing ....i think it was the 2000 new years eve party on Bondi Beach 2 japanese tourists drowned and many others got into all sorts of bother trying to help them ....scary shit mate ..!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
lots of lovely beaches up there but you do need to know what you're doing ....i think it was the 2000 new years eve party on Bondi Beach 2 japanese tourists drowned and many others got into all sorts of bother trying to help them ....scary shit mate ..!!

Cronulla, I stuck to swimming inside the walled area with all the old folk. :blush: TBH swimming in massive waves is more about survival than swimming. I still swim here when it's rough just for the practice. but its not a relaxing cool off after work kind of thing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Cronulla, I stuck to swimming inside the walled area with all the old folk. :blush: TBH swimming in massive waves is more about survival than swimming. I still swim here when it's rough just for the practice. but its not a relaxing cool off after work kind of thing.

do you recall crescent head , ballina or south west rocks .......bloody fantastic surf breaks and in the early 2000's were virtually empty out of season , some great memories..:)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
do you recall crescent head , ballina or south west rocks .......bloody fantastic surf breaks and in the early 2000's were virtually empty out of season , some great memories..:)

I've never surfed, or been interested, but always lived by the sea. went to Bondi, as my Nan lived there. Mrs Zefs family are in Kareela and nearby.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Like most I can recall a few times where I did somthing and thought blimey that was close.

Being an electrical engineer I have had a few near misses over the years.

Having ridden motorcycles for many years and I had some big powerful bikes that I was not talented enough to ride how I never killed myself is a miracle.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I once went through a power cable for Middlesex Hospital with a breaker🤦🏼, The breaker tip melted, I went deaf for a bit, knocked out three wards at the hospital and was told by the power man, I should be 200 metres over in a field dead lol. Thank god for the rubber soled work boots that day....

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
Climbing the main mast on a type 42 destroyer and shuffling out on the yardam to change a signal block whilst pissed and with no harness. Couldn't find a harness and it was job and knock and i just wanted to get back to the pub ����

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Took a photo of a Chinese man in the old fish market in the Central district of Hong Kong, seconds later he was chasing me around the streets with a machete. :D

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
We used to sometimes find live ammo up at the old rifle range, and take them home to stick in a vice and smash with a hammer to try to fire them. Luckily none went off.

the time my father fell off a ladder over.a balcony 25 feet from ground and I "dived" forward to catch him. The momentum nearly pulled me over. i got saved by the hook where the washing line was which dug into my chest and riipped open my abs but i was able to temporarilit break my fathers fall. held onto him for about 30 second before my strength ran out but he ended up "only" falling 10 feet instead . he managed to get away with a fractured hip and it was me that got hospitalised !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here