Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy you that really shouldn't

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Just a light aside from all the talk about football. I mean a football message board talking about football at the end of the season for goodness sake!!

Anyway what are the minor things that annoy you for no apparent reason and that you really ought to let slide?

I can't stand people that seem to laugh at the end of every sentance as if everything they say is bloody hilarious. I guess it must just be a nervous habit or something but It really irritates me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just about everything really. It would be shorter to write a list of what doesn't annoy me, although I'm struggling to think of anything tbh.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Today's generation of teenage girls and young women who have their mobile phones permanently glued to their ears as they sashay down the street, or who dawdle along, head down and not looking where they're going, as they giggle moronically at the text that someone has just sent them.

What is it with today's women and their addiction to mobile phones?

My missus and I were having a pint on Friday evening, and 4 young women came in, sat at the next table, and spent the next half-hour chatting on their mobiles or texting - but hardly spoke to each other the whole time they were there.

I bet that even when they're sat on the loo or shagging, they're chatting on their mobiles.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
thankfully, i'm not disabled, but seeing able bodied people parking in disabled spaces in supermarket car parks really pisses me off (and yes, I do say something)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Today's generation of teenage girls and young women who have their mobile phones permanently glued to their ears as they sashay down the street, or who dawdle along, head down and not looking where they're going, as they giggle moronically at the text that someone has just sent them.

What is it with today's women and their addiction to mobile phones?

My missus and I were having a pint on Friday evening, and 4 young women came in, sat at the next table, and spent the next half-hour chatting on their mobiles or texting - but hardly spoke to each other the whole time they were there.

I bet that even when they're sat on the loo or shagging, they're chatting on their mobiles.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I was in the bank recently and the girl 2 in front rang someone on her mobile and started a meaningless chat about very little of importance. she carried on even when she got to the cashiers window, just throwing a bill, some cash and a paying in slip in to the drawer thingy for the cashier to take out. She never broke off her chat to acknowledge or thank the cashier when the transaction was complete, merely walked away after recoveing her paperwork without any contact.
If it had been me I would have sat there and smiled at the girl and done nothing untill she had the decency to end the call.

Still, thats modern times, real scum don't realise they are scum !

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Going in to a garage to pay for my petrol and all the tills are taken with someone doing their weekly shopping.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Going in to a garage to pay for my petrol and all the tills are taken with someone doing their weekly shopping.

Whilst they have left their car at the petrol pump as well :censored:

especially prevalent at the Tesco one in Woodingdean.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
People in front of you at the ATM who spend 5 minutes like they're playing a bloody fruit machine, then walk away without drawing any money out.

:mad:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
If it had been me I would have sat there and smiled at the girl and done nothing untill she had the decency to end the call.

Still, thats modern times, real scum don't realise they are scum !

My sister works at a bank in Brighton, and does that - or she shouts at them to put their phone down!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
People who incorporate "In terms of" into every sentence they ever utter about anything. STOP IT: IT'S BOLLOX-SPEAK!! :angry:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh yeah - & friggin' "Uni" students - who travel into town by bus for a night out & behave like complete FUCKTARDS. If they can't behave like anything other than self-styled elite chavscum, then they should piss off back to where they actually come & see how their parents like their shitty antics. So there.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Double Concentrate cordials. Its not double strength. Its not half the price of the old bottles. If the main reason for selling it is because its *environmental* (Cause it is) then why isn’t it cheaper as it has less packaging?

And it tastes worse.

Robbing supermarket gits.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
women in General are fairly annoying but in particular the "till ritual" which means that whan paying for goods -for example- costing £1.46 will attempt to pay in whatever coppers 5p's etc they have in their purse..delving and counting,delving and counting rather than using the perfectly good £1 and 50p pieces that are RIGHT THERE in their hand!

What is it with them? then, when they have established that they do not actually have £1.46 in penny pieces and buttons and have paid, with the hitherto mentioned pound coin and fifty pence piece, there then ensues the ritual of the loyalty card/voucher requiring more arseing about and hunting in various zipped purse compartments and pockets whilst a queue of frustrated workies on short breaks looks on knowing that the cause of all the hassle is off home to watch "murder she wrote" whilst your lunch break has been spent hanging around a f***ing Tesco checkout.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Un-necessary laughing at things that really aren't funny.

For example, if I'm at work and I ask a customer if they'd like their receipt, and get the response of "Yes, I'm going into <insert name of other shop that sells the same as whatever they've bought here>, and I don't want them to think I stole it....HAHAHAHA"

I cannot understand how that is funny or requires laughter in any way whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here