Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy you on TV

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The new series of Go Compare ads. Sue Barker's rocket grenade attack doesn't blow the twat's annoying head off and Stuart Pearce's poorly-aimed volley misses his nuts by a country mile. They'll be disappointed with those efforts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They are some of the best adverts on telly.

What? That annoying pseudo-Italian bastard who screams "YEEEEAAAAASSSSSS! NIL NIL, TWENTY MINUTES! YEESSSSS!"?

Surely that fits your "loud adverts" criteria?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The Red F****** button. I don't want one, it uses loads of battery spending my time getting rid if it off my screen and there is no option to switch it off.

Oh and and the fact there is no BBC + 1

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
How in god's name has Celebrity Juice not come up on this thread? And ANY of those "reality" TV shows, like Those Essex C*nts, and others like that. It's making our youth think that being a twunt is cool. It isn't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Reality TV in all it's guises but especially 'talent' shows. Pretty much anything that isn't football, a docuentary, breaking bad or doctor who:

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
The way they cut music to fit adverts........and adverts in general. Are they generally louder than the programmes they interrupt or is that just my hearing being to sensitive?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Those bloody Co-Op adverts where they try to rhyme "food" with "good", by saying it in a vague Scottish brogue. The word food does NOT rhyme with the word good. Winds me up.

Oh I say, top shout! And to add insult to injury, they're generally really CRAP with food. :glare:

Did I imagine it or did I see a trail for a series called something like "Top Dog Model" presented by Stacey Sullivan/Solomon. Let me guess what she is famous for, some sort of talent show perhaps?

"Those who the gods wish to destroy they first drive mad".

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
EVERY "reality" show.
EVERY talent show.
EVERY show with competing "celebrities". (See "reality show and "talent" show for details)
EVERY soap opera.

Right. Of the 15% of TV that's left, why do we get tasters on C4, E4, which then get scooped up by aSKY channel, so that you have to pay for them. e.g. True Blood, Being Erica.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Adverts:

Mainly those f***ing meerkats :mad: :annoyed: :rant:

Also though, the toothpaste ad where the woman looks irritatingly quizically at the bit of floss she has just used and says "blood, is that bad?". No you stupid tart of course it's good - you should keep flossing until your f***ing teeth fall out. If they don't, I'll punch them out.
And relax.

ITV football coverage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here