Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things still not yet mentioned about yesterday's match

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On calm down - 'threaten his career??' Don't make me laugh! It was all close quarters stuff, grappling etc, little trips, genuinely didn't see anything reckless. And I was right in the bottom corner, so saw it all.

Agree with this. I was in the front row of the East stand so had a good view of KLL in the first half. He flung himself to the ground dramatically a lot of times but didn't think there were any bad fouls - thought Francis handled Kaz well TBH. Arter's tackle was a shocker though

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On calm down - 'threaten his career??' Don't make me laugh! It was all close quarters stuff, grappling etc, little trips, genuinely didn't see anything reckless. And I was right in the bottom corner, so saw it all.

Agree with that. Francis' fouling of Lualua was cynical and persistent, but never dangerous.

Happily though, the ref choose to ignore them all, so that Francis could stay on to score our late equaliser :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Think you will find it has changed as you can have your foot over the line as long as part of your foot is touching the line or behind the line. Used to be that you had to have both feet behind the line!

Yes, I agree, what I'm saying is for the sake of a few inches and being over the line, as in committing a foul throw, you'd just step one pace back. It's a ridiculous risk to take to gain no advantage unless you have to throw the ball as far as you can which is rarely the case, as in 3-6" matter in the overall throw.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, I agree, what I'm saying is for the sake of a few inches and being over the line, as in committing a foul throw, you'd just step one pace back. It's a ridiculous risk to take to gain no advantage unless you have to throw the ball as far as you can which is rarely the case, as in 3-6" matter in the overall throw.

Wouldn't argue with that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree with this. I was in the front row of the East stand so had a good view of KLL in the first half. He flung himself to the ground dramatically a lot of times but didn't think there were any bad fouls - thought Francis handled Kaz well TBH. Arter's tackle was a shocker though

i also was in east stand and had a great view...KLL throwing himself to the ground several times....sorry can't agree

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After Lee Camp's performance yesterday shouldn't we be on the blower to West Brom ? His contract expires at the end of the season as does Ankergren's and Brezovan's , could do a job and give genuine competition to Kuszczak.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ince's 'shot' on goal, late on.

mikevapour

Apr 18, 2012
Adam El abd's take one for the team yellow card late on

Also El Abd's long pass early in the first half putting Leo through

Jul 7, 2003

I think that our foul throws have not been for feet over the line put for not throwing the ball properly. If the ball is not thrown from behind the head, this is a foul throw.

LAW 15 - THE THROW-IN

Procedure

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:

•faces the field of play
•has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground outside the touch line
•holds the ball with both hands
•delivers the ball from behind and over his head
•delivers the ball from the point where it left the field of play

All opponents must stand no less than 2 m (2 yds) from the point at which the throw-in is taken.

The ball is in play when it enters the field of play.

After delivering the ball, the thrower must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
1) Bournmouth's stonewall penalty later in the first half when either Surman or. Grabben was bundled over by El Abd. Hooper bottled that one.

2) Barnes superb defence splitting, slide rule pass to Orlandi late on.

3) The ball being stopped a foot inside the touch line by one of the Bournemouth coaches from an Upson clearance and both Hooper and his asstitant ignoring it and giving a throw in. What if they'd score as result of the throw in?

4) Oscar berating the Assistant after he adjudged Lua Lua had taken a foul throw. Never seen him so animated.

5) Richie Reynolds faux pau after reading out the Bournemouth subs.

R R R Runaround ...............now.

The foul was commited by Bridcutt not AEA, so that is another thing missed.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
No ones mentioned the feeble effort at the rendition of the Rohan Ince song in the Northstand.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Hopefully never to be attempted again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here