Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There’s something about Glenn Murray...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nah, Gaetan Bong of course. I bet he's been bending CH's ear all season about being given a chance up front!

Do you think Chris would give that the green light, or did Gaetan mishear him?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• leo-ulloa.jpg
    leo-ulloa.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 308

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Still our best Striker. I would have liked to see Murray and Baldock given a try this season.
I would like to see Leo step up but yet to be convinced and I've yet to see anything in Locadia.
Still at least they're not Ashley Barnes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unless we have another mess like last summer in not getting a striker in, then Glenn will be an impact sub by all accounts.

If he is still our main striker come the first game next season (if we stay up) then the recruitment team have had a stinker!

Oh good, we've started on the recruitment team already...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Oh good, we've started on the recruitment team already...

No not all, they've done a fantastic job over the last 3 years and I have no doubt we'll have a really good summer as well.
But there is no doubt there was a boo boo last summer re a striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly the club will do it's usual and save money by holding onto strikers too long instead of buying the much needed upgrades.

Most (classless) managers watching their striker give up on a precise through ball, 30 yards from goal, would immediately turn to the directors box demanding a replacement.
Unfortunately for the Albion that's more likely to mean an extension.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Sadly the club will do it's usual and save money by holding onto strikers too long instead of buying the much needed upgrades.

Most (classless) managers watching their striker give up on a precise through ball, 30 yards from goal, would immediately turn to the directors box demanding a replacement.
Unfortunately for the Albion that's more likely to mean an extension.

I’m sure the efforts the recruitment team, albeit fruitless, have made to bring strikers in proved your assumption to be true. The fact is there aren’t that many top strikers around. Murray is better than most outside the top six still, even at 34

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m sure the efforts the recruitment team, albeit fruitless, have made to bring strikers in proved your assumption to be true. The fact is there aren’t that many top strikers around. Murray is better than most outside the top six still, even at 34

Murray was better than many outside the top 6.
Although even that's subjective as GM admits when asked 'what do you put this success down too?' and he replied "Pascal Gross".
So who's to say how one of the others would compare if the roles were reversed.

GM is the very definition of diminishing returns, fingers crossed Millwall get promoted and he can have his swansong there, although I fear it will be one more season here, which is a shame.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Murray was better than many outside the top 6.
Although even that's subjective as GM admits when asked 'what do you put this success down too?' and he replied "Pascal Gross".
So who's to say how one of the others would compare if the roles were reversed.

GM is the very definition of diminishing returns, fingers crossed Millwall get promoted and he can have his swansong there, although I fear it will be one more season here, which is a shame.

Any reason you think he could go to Millwall? - just interested

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any reason you think he could go to Millwall? - just interested

Because they'd be the least aspirational side of those with a possibility of getting promoted, and no team getting promoted and desires (delusions) of a decent first season won't be signing Murray.
Which in itself says it all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit harsh considering how many goals he’s been involved in this season

Perhaps then you shouldn't have opened with:-

"How does he fit into next season".

Because that lead me to believe we were talking about...

...next season.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Murray's said himself that he expects to be used more as a Crouch-type impact sub as he gets older. And he'd be brilliant at that too. But if you try to find upgraded Murray v2.0 (younger and quicker) then we're talking £50m.

Can we mould Viktor Gyorkes into a Murray replacement?

Viktor could be a good shout. I will watch him tonight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not consistent enough

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here