Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dont know who he is and Im not political at all, but couldnt agree with him more. Buy your food locally. Eat whats in season. The money stays in the community. Farmers get a decent price for their produce. Reduces air miles. You end up only buying what you actually need and not all the other crap as well. Get to know your local shop keepers and it becomes an enjoyable experience rather than just a neccesity. Slow your life down a bit. Dont be a sheep.

Oh yes. Women go shopping every day to the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker.
Monday is washing day so eat the leftovers from Sunday.

Women now have jobs of their own, and are not confined to the kitchen so supermarkets are a boon. Once a week shop, all in.

Of course, nip to the farm shop for local produce, there is room for both types of food shopping, but your post and that imbecilic MP, can only be thought up by men.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My main point was about people ignoring the only expert on this thread (Jesse James) but hey ho, back to your crusade…

You mean my crusade to find solutions to these problems and allow Britain to move forward ? Maybe you'd like to join in these discussions to find solutions. Invitation is always open :thumbsup:

Johnson has now openly admitting that the supply chain is going to suffer as a result of Brexit, and that he has known this has been coming for 'months'. Obviously he has the whole resources of the Government to predict (and plan :rolleyes:) for what's coming, so it would be a surprise if he hadn't.

But the fact that he has remained silent about this and has now openly admitted it, rather than do his normal 'look over there' routine does worry me as to what he knows is coming next. I'm guessing we won't have to wait long to find out :shootself

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thank you, that clinches it. If the newspapers are saying it then it is obviously true.

The consensus on many, many platforms outside of the U.K. is that we have totally screwed ourselves.
It’s worrying that the rest of the world has better perspective on our problems than our own PM.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to admit, it's all been back to normal here for a couple of days now. All petrol stations have fuel with no queues.
Quite a change from Thursday night when I drove past six in a row that were all closed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Have to admit, it's all been back to normal here for a couple of days now. All petrol stations have fuel with no queues.
Quite a change from Thursday night when I drove past six in a row that were all closed.

Mainly us “me first” Wallys in the South East with our three car families and warped sense of priorities that are compounding the supply issues by panic buying and generally acting like rats in a barrell. As per.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Plenty in Shoreham this morning

Nice big queues near Salt Farm roundabout but not causing delays which is encouraging. But the tanker hasn’t even left the forecourt and the cars are piling in. So back to no fuel in a couple of hours.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Plenty in Shoreham this morning

Wondering if things are just starting to improve here in Worthing too.

My closest garage, the BP/M&S on the A24 had a tanker delivery yesterday morning, with cars queuing waiting for it to finish.

Later the same day, and twice this morning, I've been by and although there are people waiting to fill, the queue hasn't been backed out onto the A24, which has been a near-constant when the garage has had fuel recently.

I was almost tempted to join the few cars waiting myself, but I'm going to hold my nerve.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Just popped into Sainsbury's, Hampden park, Eastbourne. To collect a prescription. Their garage forecourt open for fuel, only vehicles on the forecourt, no queues at all !

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Mainly us “me first” Wallys in the South East with our three car families and warped sense of priorities that are compounding the supply issues by panic buying and generally acting like rats in a barrell. As per.

I was wondering the same. I saw a queue of mainly 4 wheel drives outside a garage in Surrey on Saturday. I was speculating that there might be one long range commuter in a family. Very high petrol usage but a different commute car might be being refueled every day by a partner to keep it topped up. That would increase petrol station visits and therefore queues and is something that is only possible in multi car families.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was wondering the same. I saw a queue of mainly 4 wheel drives outside a garage in Surrey on Saturday. I was speculating that there might be one long range commuter in a family. Very high petrol usage but a different commute car might be being refueled every day by a partner to keep it topped up. That would increase petrol station visits and therefore queues and is something that is only possible in multi car families.

Very possibly. There’s a lot of multi car families in Surrey. Mum, Dad, teenager. All of them with “essential” journeys to make.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wondering if things are just starting to improve here in Worthing too.

My closest garage, the BP/M&S on the A24 had a tanker delivery yesterday morning, with cars queuing waiting for it to finish.

Later the same day, and twice this morning, I've been by and although there are people waiting to fill, the queue hasn't been backed out onto the A24, which has been a near-constant when the garage has had fuel recently.

I was almost tempted to join the few cars waiting myself, but I'm going to hold my nerve.

The forecourts are opening up around Shoreham/Lancing/Worthing and so far, the queues seem manageable. I think you may be right, it certainly seems less chaotic.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They had some pumps open yesterday with no queues…I had to do a double take

There’s that little slip road sort of thing that serves that station so that helps the traffic keep flowing. It’s when they start queuing at the little station as you leave Shoreham high st that the problems start, as the traffic was backing right up to the Norfolk Bridge and beyond.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There’s that little slip road sort of thing that serves that station so that helps the traffic keep flowing. It’s when they start queuing at the little station as you leave Shoreham high st that the problems start, as the traffic was backing right up to the Norfolk Bridge and beyond.

Ironically last week the queue from the Shell garage was back to the Norfolk bridge encouraging me to go along the High St …where I found that little one open with only four vehicles in the queue …result!
Made sure everyone saw my mowers in the back of the van as I filled up a couple of ‘cans’ with fuel :whistle:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ironically last week the queue from the Shell garage was back to the Norfolk bridge encouraging me to go along the High St …where I found that little one open with only four vehicles in the queue …result!
Made sure everyone saw my mowers in the back of the van as I filled up a couple of ‘cans’ with fuel :whistle:

Can I borrow your mowers next time we have a petrol crisis ? I daren’t use petrol cans as I hate the thought of all the TUTTING.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is the crisis worse in London and the South East or are they just saying it is so they can concentrate on getting the outdoor there first( in areas where they have many MPs)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here